TAS 2009 Phonostage of the Year – “This is simply the lowest-noise, highest-resolution, most lifelike tube phonostage JV has auditioned – fast, clear, colorless, transparent to sources, with superb extension and resolution in the treble, unparalleled (for tubes) extension, resolution, and grip in the bass, and an overall sonic realism that puts it in a class by itself.”
- Jonathan Valin, The Absolute Sound, January 2010
“Audio Research continues to carve away at what stands between sonic reproduction and the sound of live music. The Reference Phono 2 shows the company to be at the top of its game. And so it ends where it began: "music amplified through the Reference Phono 2 simply unfolds in a natural way." Here is an instant classic. Here is a component with which to complete your analog front-end.”
- Tim Aucremann, The Audio Beat, August 2010
* Mint condition – I take good care of my gear.
* Original owner, authorized ARC purchase January 2011.
* ~1400 hrs on unit, ~400 hrs on included tubes (6H30 ~10,000 hr tube).
* As new with no issues, service never required.
* All original packaging, remote, manual.
* Buyer pays actual shipping.
* Please allow time for check to clear.
* Paypal buyer covers fees.
* Sale to US lower 48 only.
* Thank you!
==> If you submitted a question the evening of 1/31 and do not see it, kindly re-send