I am the original owner of this unit and bought it new from Tweeter for $2,100.00 in 2005. However it was not hooked up until after we moved into our new home and the home theater cabinets were completed in mid-2006.
It is in excellent condition and rated a very conservative 8 out of 10 (rated an 8 only due to age or I would have rated it 9). There is not one flaw or scratch that I can find on either the front, back, top, bottom or sides and no discoloration of the faceplate or any I/O connectors. The silk screening is in perfect condition as well.
It was kept in a home theater cabinet, with adequate ventilation, in a non-smoking home (it was not rack mounted and/or installed with brackets) and it was connected to a good power conditioner/protector (power conditioner not included).
I have the original box, manuals, and the SR10.1 remote and software that came with the unit. However, I somehow lost the serial cable that attaches the remote to your PC, but this cable can be picked up or made from parts that can be bought at Radio Shack, (most newer PCs do not have serial connectors, so you will need a modified cable or USB adaptor in order to hook it up to a newer model pc for programming the remote anyways). The remote has a slight roughness towards the bottom (please see picture), but it is only cosmetic and does not affect the functioning in any way.
I wont list all of the features of this unit as they are extensive and can be found online in the Reference 50 s2 Manual on B&K's website >bkcomp >support >manuals >past-product-manuals
However, some highlights I would like to point out are:
1. This unit is made in the USA, it is heavy duty (built like a tank) and asthetically beautiful.
2. Balanced XLR (Outputs 7.1) (Inputs 2).
3. Two-zone operation - One main digital & analog A/V zone, (Theater Zone) plus a separate independent analog A/V zone for use with a second listening/viewing area (2nd zone).
4. 96/24 bit A/D and 192/24 bit capable D/A Conversion - Ultra high reproduction resolution of musical details.
5. 96/24 Bit Processing - 96/24 bit digital data and analog source material use 96 kHz, 24 bit DSP processing during all stereo listening modes.
6. A host of Dolby and DTS Audio and Surround Formats, Bass Management and Notch Filters.
7. A host of I/O Connections.
8. The SR10.1 Remote is excellent, easy to setup and can be programmed to run most all of your AV gear.
See pics for all inputs and the units condition, however if you are a serious buyer please contact me and I can email additional pictures and/or more information about features, etc.
I have no doubt this unit will continue to provide its new owner years of service and pleasure. This unit is sold as is and no warranty is expressed or implied.
To avoid shipping costs, this item is available for local pick-up or can deliver within 25 miles of the Chula Vista area.
Thanks for looking!
p.s. I am including 2 good quality Component Video cables and 3 good quality Optical SPDIF Digital cables with purchase.
p.p.s For the ultimate setup, please see my other listing for the matching B&K Components Reference 125.7 s2 (matching silver faceplate, 7 Channel Amplifier) that is also built like a tank and in the same excellent condition.
p.p.p.s I can make a better deal if both Reference 50 s2 and 127.7 s2 components are purchased together.