CARVER C9 UPGRADEDH-9 AVSORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. THIS IS AN H-9 UNIT. This unit is designed for either stereo or home theater use. It has many upgrades to it's circuitry, and sounds incredible. I have modified a few of...385.00
THIS IS AN 'AMENDED DESCRIPTION' ONLY TO ADD INFORMATION ABOUT THE H-9 AV UNIT.
UNTILL AUDIOGON MAKES THE CORRECTION TO MY ACCOUNT(IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS NOW!), I HAVE TO STATE THAT MY FEEDBACK IS 150-ALL POSITIVE. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT BUYERS THINK OF MY WORK. Here is the list of modifications:
1) All electrolytic caps have been replaced with Nichicon brand caps of much higher quality. These are are of the 'MUSE' and 'FINE GOLD' members of the Nichicon family. The MUSE caps are bipolar, and are used in the output circuit for much better linearity and reliability. The 'FINE GOLD' caps are used in the power supply, and are of a higher voltage rating. This gives them a little room for 'abuse' from the power line. There are 11 caps in all, and of course they are new compared to the originals that are more than 25 years old! Capacitors don't last forever and degrade with time.
2) All 6 RCA jacks are replaced with gold plated, chassis mounted types, replacing the inadequate steel/plastic circuit board mounted jacks.
3) Sorbothane is used throughout the chassis including 6 rings beneath the circuit board and 4 feet supporting the chassis. Much better feet than the original hard rubber feet.
4) The line cord and plug were replaced, enhancing appearance and improving AC contact.
5) The AC outlet on the back was changed out to a switch.
6) Adampening sheet was used on the inside of the top cover to reduce vibration.
7) All IC amps were taken out (there are 12 of them!), and replaced with gold plated IC sockets and new TEXAS INSTRUMENTS new IC op amps.
8) A sheet of ERS cloth was used to shield circuitry from RFI/EMI interference. Also, a ferrite sleeve was installed on the incoming Ac line to soak up RFI on the incoming AC line.
9) This unit comes with a reprint of the original manual, and original box. I am there after the sale ensuring to help or correct any questions/concerns. Thanks for looking.
SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. THIS IS AN H-9 UNIT. This unit is designed for either stereo or home theater use. It has many upgrades to it's circuitry, and sounds incredible. I have modified a few of these and plan to keep one for myself. Here is a list of upgrades:
BTW, MY FEEDBACK HERE IS 150! AUDIOGON HAS FAILED TO CORRECT THIS, SO LOOK UP MY FEEDBACK TO SEE ALL POSITIVE COMMENTS!
1) All electrolytic caps have been replaced with Nichicon brand caps of much higher quality. There are 11 caps in all.
2) All 6 RCA jacks have been replaced with superior ones that are chassis mount and far more durable than the original STEEL jacks!
3) Sorbothane has been used throughout including 6 rings under the circuit board, and 4 feet, replacing the hard rubber feet originally used.
4) The line cord and ac plug were changed to give superior contact and appearance.
5) The AC outlet was changed out to a switch on the rear of the unit, making for convenience to turn off unit when not in use.
6) A dampening sheet was applied to the top cover on the inside in order to reduce unwanted vibration.
7) All ic's were taken out, gold plated sockets were installed, and new Texas Instrument ic's were added.
8) A sheet of ERS cloth was used to shield circuitry from RFI/EMI. Also, a ferrite sleeve was installed to 'soak up' RFI on the incoming AC line.
9) Unit comes with the original glossy manual, and original box.
I am there after the sale for any help that you may need. Thanks for looking.