For sale is Mark Levinson No.512 CD/SACD Player.
- The Nº 512 represents the state-of-the-art in CD playback. Its breathtaking transparency and detail reveal more than you ever knew your CDs contained. Further, the Nº 512 offers the finest in two-channel SACD playback for even greater dynamic range and natural sound.
- In the Nº 512 , Mark Levinson engineers devised a proprietary anti-jitter technique employing a memory buffer and a Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) circuit. After the transport reads and decodes the digital steam, it is sent to a memory bank that stores it temporarily. The DDS circuit then accurately reclocks the output of the memory bank. By placing a buffer between the player’s transport and the rest of the digital circuitry and reclocking the signal, any jitter introduced by the transport itself is effectively removed, and the remainder of the digital path is slaved to the master clock. This ensures jitter is kept to a minimum, and that only one clock controls the internal timing of digital signals.
- In the Nº 512 , extremely high-quality 24-bit D/A converters in differential or dual mode are used. In addition, the D/A converters themselves are equipped to convert audio with Direct StreamDigital™ (DSD) encoding from Super Audio CDs in the native format, avoiding any degradation that could be caused by converting the signal to accommodate D/A converters that are not DSD capable. By avoiding this conversion step, the analog output much more closely matches the original signal on the disc.
- Additionally the DAC PCB is built on six-layer, high-speed Nelco® N4000-13 SI laminate for increased audio purity and sonic fidelity.
- To preserve the purity of audio output, the Nº 512 has two separate power supplies with independent, custom-designed, high-quality toroidal transformers. One power supply is dedicated to the digital circuitry and the other to the analog circuitry.
- The Nº 512 was designed for use in systems in which it can be connected to a preamplifier, or directly to the power amplifier(s) if it is the only system source.
Technical Specification (according to the manufacturer):
- Playback formats: CD and SACD
- Frequency Range: +0.0 dB / -0.2 dB PCM/CD; +0.0 dB / -0.5 dB DSD/SACD
- Signal to noise ratio: 108 dB
- Dynamic range: 108 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 92 dB PCM/CD, 99 dB DSD/SACD
- Output voltage (fixed): 4 V (XLR), 2 V (RCA)
- Maximum output voltage (variable): 16 V (XLR), 8 V (RCA)
- Output Impedance: 10 Ω
- Power consumption: 100 W
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 116 x 442 x 448 mm
One owner. Lightly used in 2nd system. Condition is mint and working flawlessly. Come with original remote, manual and power cord.
Unit is in original 230-240 voltage at 50/60 Hz European version.
Free shipping worldwide (selected country, please ask) at this price without insurance. Ship via FedEx. Package is require a signature upon delivery.
Price is exclude insurance. If buyer decide to purchase, I can arrange.
No original box but will pack professionally for worry-free shipping.
More pictures are available on request for serious buyer. Kindly provide along your contact phone number for easier and faster response. I can be contacted via WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat or LINE.
Payment by bank transfer is preferred. Accept Paypal if buyer cover 5% for paypal fee.
Feel free to check my “E-STORE” listing for other items on sale.
Thanks for looking.