Playback Designs MPS-5 CD/SACD/DAC player in great condition.
Includes original USB - X Extender Box and remote.
One of the best and still an industry benchmark.
Buyer pays for shipping.
I will only ship to a USA address.
I will accept Paypal or wire.
Buyer pays for paypal fees of 3.5%
Please see my 100% positive Audiogon and Ebay feedback.
You can trust my description and offer.
Playback Designs has just introduced a new USB-X Generation 3
extension box for the MPS-5 that gives you tremendous flexibility and support
for some of the newest DSD and PCM standards. Many of the
newest high end DACs cannot match this.
From the Playback Designs website (please check website to verify):
The USB-XIII is a 3rd generation USB interface designed to operate in conjunction with Playback Designs’ 3- and 5-series players and DAC’s. Its capabilities have also been expanded to work with any other DAC equipped with either a AES or Coax input.
It upgrades all Classic Playback Designs players and DACs with the following features:
• New generation USB interface for PCM up to 384kHz and DSD up to 4x.
• USB compatibility with newer versions of Apple OS.
• Multi channel support via USB and PLink input for PCM up to 384kHz and
• PLink I/O compatible with Classic and Sonoma line products.
• Newest generation PDFAS clocking technology for ultra low jitter
• Connection to 5-series products via optical Plink.
• Connection to 3-series products via AES with proprietary protocol to support
higher DSD sample rates.
• USB connection supports recording via Sonoma Recorder (or 3rd party)
software on Windows computer. Any digital audio passing through the interface can be recorded to an audio file on computer. For instance, the output of a MPS-5 or OpBox can be connected via optical PLink to the USB- XIII interface and any audio being played can be recorded in its native format through the USB-XIII interface.
• Software can be updated by end user.
Any non-Playback Designs branded DAC with AES or Coax input can be connected. For this the USB input still supports PCM up to 384kHz and quad DSD, but any PCM format with sample rates greater than 192kHz is converted to either 176.4kHz or 192kHz and any DSD format with sample rates greater than 1x is converted to 1x via DoP.
In order to support this new USB-XIII interface all 5-series products need the software version update 029 (download from www.playbackdesigns.com) and all 3-series players and DACs need a software update by the factory.