For sale: Almost new condition D5000. All updated components. Under 100 hrs.
This is a very musical, neutral sounding DAC that provides no fatigue or digital harshness. It presents an ideal soundstage that places you a few rows in front of the soundboard of a live event.
"Last night several of my group members came for music and again, we listened to digital for more than half the night. This has never happened, I have a deep prejudice against digital because it never delivered on it's promise. (Perfect sound NEVER rather than perfect sound forever).
My analog system can still beat it on most material but I'm so in love with the Allnic D5000 DAC I'm still in shock. I never thought digital would come through for me. Always too much money, too low performance or both.
I honestly wonder if there is any DAC out there as good, even for more money. As I've stated before, the Stahl~Tek drive and DACcombo for $73,000.00 was the only other time I had a DAC here that excited me. As of last night I'm not sure the Allnic is not better and for a fraction of that price.
I had three members of my group email me today saying sound was the best they had heard so it's not just me, some of these guys have been coming for decades and are a tough crowd to impress." --Albert Porter.
I know all aspects of this dac. Feel free to ask questions.
1) Output RMS voltage: 2.5V
2) Output impedance: 150 ohms constant
3) Frequency range: 20 Hz-20 KHz flat
4) THD: less than 0.1%
5) Tubes: DHT: 3A5 X4; Tube-based internal power supply: 7233X1, 5654X1
6) Dimension: 430mm, 290mm, 150mm (W, D, H: 17", 7.4", 6")
7) Weight: 9.2 Kg
8) Power consumption: 23W/120V/60Hz for North America.
1) Toslink Sampling limit 96 kHz (Note: In case of TOSLINK, some devices will work correctly with D5000 at any rate. This depends on the signal quality of the transport.)
2) AES/EBU and Coax sampling limit 192 kHz (if the source is SPDIF standard compliant). Higher sampling rates have been demonstrated with some source components.
3) USB Sampling limit 384 kHz, DSD128
4) USB Input Custom USB Audio Interface design with Cypress FX2/FPGA
5) DAC Dual Mono/Mono ES9018K-2M Reference Audio DAC
6) Word Clock: Clock Reference Output, Clock Reference Input
7) DSD Conversion FPGA Based DSD Converter: PCM to input DSD128
8) Upsampling FPGA Based Upsampler: Up to 384 KHz
9) Mac OSX 10.6, Linux OS with UAC2, Windows OS (Thesycon Driver)
List Price: $11,900 USD.