• No original box but it will be packed professionally
The Cary Audio DAC-100t is made in the USA and designed to provide high-quality music reproduction from today’s digital sources.
The heart of the DAC-100t are two high current custom built toroidal transformers, one each for the digital and analog sections of the unit. We, at Cary Audio, understand the importance of a good power supply and have spared no expense in designing transformers that perform above their normal requirements. The separate analog transformer has a Faraday shield to reduce noise, and the audio circuits are designed to drive a wide variety of impedances to better match other associated equipment.
The audio output section, responsible for providing the actual musical signals, is based on proven Cary Audio designs for the best sound quality. The audio output section, responsible for providing the actual musical signals, is based on proven Cary Audio designs for the best sound quality with the audio section is fed with its own discreet low noise power supply.
The digital bitstream is handled by a new front end designed in conjunction with one of the industry’s acknowledged digital leaders. A Wolfson WM8805 chipset is used as the input receiver for the four (4) (2-coaxial and 2-Toslink) SPDIF digital audio inputs, as chosen by many of the finest DACs in the world. The USB input uses XMOS processing for asynchronous processing of USB computer based music, stripping away the computer’s timing and replacing it with a much more accurate master clock for a more stable bitstream. It is able to handle multiple 24 bit/192kHz channels with extremely low latency, all at 500 MIPS.
Once the digital bitstream is managed it is sent to the digital to analog conversion section, comprised of two (2) ESS Sabre ES9023 24/192 DAC chipsets. These circuits accurately recreate the analog musical signals and send them to the buffered solid state (DAC-100) or vacuum tube (DAC-100t) analog output stages, and then out to the gold-plated RCA or XLR balanced outputs. All of these processes are designed to have no compromises in sound quality, and provide the very best musical reproduction in its price class.
• USB Processor: XMOS Asynchronous processing
• SP/DIF Input Receiver: Wolfson model #WM8805
• Digital to Analog Converters: 2 X ESS Sabre ES9023
• Digital Inputs 5 selectable inputs – (2) coaxial (gold plated), (2) Toslink, (1) USB
• Analog Output: RCA analog output (gold plated), XLR Balanced
• Input Sample Rates Accepted* 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
• Bit Depths Accepted: 16 - 24 bit, LPCM 2-ch audio stream
• Power Transformer: Toroidal transformer (Digital Supply)
• Toroidal transformer (Analog Supply)
• Dynamic Range: 112dB
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 109dB
• Noise and Hum: -101 dB below rated output
• Audio Output Level: 2.0V RMS
• Frequency Response: 20Hz – 22kHz
• AC Power Requirements: 120 VAC @ 50/60 Hz / 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
• Tube Compliment: 2 – 6922 tubes
• Dimensions: 15.5” L X 17.25” W X 3.5” H
• Weight: 21 lbs.
Paypal adds 3% (4% Int'l)