Price Drop! :)
At my asking price, Exogal Comet Plus is perhaps the best Price to Performance DAC.
We have one LAST DEMO unit in black in like new condition! Once this unit is gone, it is gone. It is below dealer price! The unit is not even broken and has been packed away.
Comet PLUS Digital to Analog Converter
The Exogal Comet is a high performance digital to analog audio converter (DAC) playing up to 32/384k and DSD. Just connect your computer, or other digital/analog source, and experience exceptional audiophile quality sound. The Comet DAC does everything you would expect a high-end DAC to do, including balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, digital volume control and asynchronous USB input - all at a sensible price.
- Designed for real-life listening with sound that’s amazing, whatever the setting
- Easy digital upgrades for hardware and software
- Controlled by the Exogal Remote App for Android or Apple iOS
- Asynchronous USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF, Toslink, and line level Analog input
- Direct connection analog outputs with 32-bit Digital Volume Control
- Analog Outputs: one pair balanced (XLR), one pair unbalanced (RCA), one stereo Headphone
- Single ended and balanced analog outputs can be used simultaneously. Single ended outputs can be programmed as stereo, or center/subwoofer operation. Single ended outputs have a programmable offset level from balanced outputs
- Controlled by the Exogal Remote App for Android phone or tablet (running 4.3 or higher with BLE support) or an iPad, iPhone 4s or newer, or iPod Touch.
Comet Power Supply Upgrade
- The EXOGAL Comet Power Supply Upgrade gives you the power to squeeze out that last drop of performance from your Comet DAC! It provides plenty of power to stretch out and render the highest highs, drive the deepest bass, and lets the Comet provide the richest, most authentic sound stage of any DAC on the market.
Additonal Details on DAC and Power Supply
REVIEW OF THE COMET DAC BY HI FI+ MAGAZINE, July 2015
Review by Alan Sircom
He says: "We keep banging on about the revolution that is taking place in home audio, and the Exogal Comet is that revolution’s agent provocateur. It isn’t the first device that replaces source component, converter, and preamp for a digital generation, but it is the first that makes that move so cogent and does so without any real compromise. If this is the shape of the future, it comes highly recommended." Read the whole review here.
REVIEW OF THE COMET DAC BY AUDIOFI.NET, July 11, 2015
Review by Lim Juan
He says: "A very good DAC then, from experienced industry veterans who know what they are doing. ... All the right boxes ticked, the Exogal Comet DAC deserves to be heard when buying a DAC in, and even above, its price range." Read the whole review here.
REVIEW OF THE COMET DAC BY HEADPHONE GURU, June 29, 2015
Review by John Grandberg
He says: "EXOGAL's Comet DAC is an absolute winner in my book. The sound is richly textured, nuanced, and detailed, and just warm enough to avoid sounding overly clinical." Read the whole review here.
REVIEW OF THE COMET IN "@DIME", June 23, 2015
Review By Gong Kawano
Hard to quote accurately since it's in Japanese, but he says "This DAC is good!", Check it out here.
REVIEW OF THE ESSENTIAL AUDIO ROOM FROM AXPONA 2015, May 23, 2015
Article by Josh Emmons, the Audio Traveler Blog
He says: "This DAC does magical D to A in ways never before seen in the Hi Fi Community." Read it for yourself, here.
HIFITEST.DE REVIEW April 24, 2015 (German Review)
Review of the Comet by Phillip Schneckenburger
He says: "Exogal's Comet Plus is a sonically superior D / A converter which can deal with any kind of music. The intelligent preamp concept and well executed App-Control to give it an extra kick. A great all-rounder for computer-like system." Check out the review here
THE ABSOLUTE SOUND REVIEW May / June 2015
Review of the Comet by Vade Forester.
He says: "As a DAC and front end for digital sources, the Comet is a spectacular success and, especially at its moderate price, I strongly recommend you audition it in your system." Read the whole review on The Absolute's Sound's website here.
SOUNDSTAGE! ULTRA REVIEW April 1, 2015
Review of the Comet by Jeff Fritz.
He says: "I've never heard such a detailed, resolving DAC at this price. ... It sounds great not only for its price, but regardless of price." Read it for yourself right here.
DAC SHOOT_OUT REPORT 3-17-2015
A local group of audiophiles tried the Comet head-to-head with several other DAC's.
You can read their report here.
Care Audio is an authorized dealer for the following brands: Allnic Amps and DACs, ifi Audio, KR Audio Amps, Kuzma Tuntables, MAD UK Speakers, Reference 3A Speakers, Calyx M Portable, HifiMan Headphone Systems, K Works Audio Power Conditioner, Vicoustics, Wywires etc.
Thanks and all the best to you and your family
Sunil P Lekhi