$850 or Best Offer.
The Mutec MC-3 + Smart Clock USB from Germany. With the latest Firmware updates!
I have been using two of these in tandem. But, now I find that one is all I need.
This is the best usb device. Way better than Regen, Intona, Recovery etc. It has digital inputs XLR. RCA, BDC, Optical, and USB. Also has digital outputs in XLR, RCA, BNC, Optical, and USB.
I have the box, manual and everything that came with it. It is in excellent condition and you will really be impressed.
Please add 3.5% for Paypal fees. Free shipping in the continental USA.
From Mutec website: The MC-3+ Smart Clock USB is setting a new benchmark for clocking technology and the reproduction of digital audio by uniquely combining an audiophile USB interface with an audio re-clocker in perfection! Particularly designed for the demands of high-end consumer audio, the device expands a new sonic universe with increased musicality, clarity, and precision. As such, the MC-3+USB will prove its worth in many audiophile listening rooms around the world.
Offers unique externally referenced re-clocking, locking to Rubidium-/Cesium atomic clocks or GPS receivers
Audiophile, asynchronous two-channel USB interface with ultra-low noise audio clock oscillators and total galvanic isolation of up to 2500 VRMS, respectively 4242 VPK, for suppression of high-frequency interferences
Converts DSD/DoP streams (64-256) to PCM audio with selectable output clock rate
Locks to Rubidium- (10 MHz), Cesium- (5 MHz) and GPS clock references
Improved, next-generation REVIVE re-clocking and 1G-Clock technology by MUTEC
• Serves as a flexible digital input switching matrix, audio format converter and master clock
• Compatible to Apple Macintosh and Windows PCs
• Intuitive user interface and easy installation
• Update-capability via USB
• Available with black- or clear aluminum front panel • Galvanic isolation up to 2500 VRMS in accordance with UL1577, respectively 4242 VPK in accordance with DIN EN 60747-5-2 (VDE 0884 part 2)
• Converts DSD/DoP streams (64-256) to PCM audio with selectable output clock rate
• Transfers USB audio streams into AES3 and S/P-DIF and outputs those to five digital audio formats simultaneously
• Converts between USB PCM audio, USB DSD/DoP audio, AES3 and S/P-DIF, as well as between AES11 and Word Clock
• Highly compatible USB audio class 2.0 driver for Windows supporting ASIO, MME, DirectSound, WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, PCM 16Bit, 24Bit, 32Bit and Float-32Bit at all clock rates between 44.1kHzand 192.0kHz
• Ultra-low jitter Word Clock generation with clock rates up to 1,536.0 kHz
• Scalable to FS1x512 clock rates, 22,5792 MHz & 24,576 MHz, for e.g. high-end audio interfaces
• Locks to Rubidium- (10 MHz), Cesium- (5 MHz) and GPS clock references
• Generates Word Clocks, Super Clocks, AES3 + S/P-DIF blanks simultaneously • Uninterruptable, fail-safe clock generation in all operation modes
• Eliminates so-called digital "clicks and pops" • Individual lock indicators for the clock or audio reference and the re-clock reference
• USB, AES/EBU, AES/EBUid and S/P-DIF interfaces in one box
• S/P-DIF interconnections via BNC, RCA and optical interfaces available as in- and outputs
• Front panel lock-out for preventing of misuse
• Rack-space-saving 9.5" housing • Built-in, universal power supply.
"My high end AES/EBU cable arrived on the same day as my MC-3+USB, so I plugged it in and within the first fifteen seconds (no kidding) I smiled with delight, realizing I finally had achieved what I was looking for. The depth, articulation and holography I demanded from my system had been met, because of the MUTEC. The Yggdrasil had only gotten it half way there, but the MUTEC elevated it to the level which brought the performance and instruments into the listening room. The piano sounds like it is in my room as I write this and I thank you for an excellent piece of technology!"
"Regardless of the D/A converter in use the MC 3+USB consistently rendered a more complete and colorful sonic image: transients come across less aggressive, yet very fast and detailed. As a whole the playback seemed more natural, more relaxed, and with increased depth and transparency. In summary, MUTEC has created a universal tool with many benefits and exceptional sonic potential in the MC 3+ Smart Clock USB."
"The MC 3+USB is really great! The best thing is that it’s not hard to pick out sonic differences at all. They are immediately present as soon as the device has been inserted into the signal chain. Both my Marantz NA11 and the Auralic Vega clearly sounded better with the MC 3+USB feeding their digital inputs. I would prefer if the USB interface wouldn’t have to be manually switched between receiving PCM or DSD/DoP signals, but once this get’s taken care of in a future software update, I really have no reservations at all. This is a very well designed piece of equipment - well done!"
"The MC 3+USB is indeed very good - we've never experienced such an improvement in sound quality before. Even the best CD transports like our Mark Levinson, Fostex or the Proceed players sound significantly better when their signals are re-clocked with the MC 3+USB, though high quality cables still yield an additional improvement. The entire music becomes more enjoyable and clearer. We've also determined that the musicality of individual music pieces we've listened to would be audibly heightened as a whole. What a great device!"
"I set up the MC 3+USB in about 5 minutes. I set it to INTERN and RE-CLK, it locked onto the incoming USB signal, and played music immediately. Right out of the box it sounds fantastic. After listening to it for a few days, I do believe that it is superior to both the Berkeley Alpha USB, which some believe is the standard, and also to the Lampizator USB Transport, which I have been using for the past year. You definitely have a winner here."
"The MC 3+ Smart Clock USB - delivering more music in every respect as if somebody had lifted an imaginary veil to present a bigger stage. The sonic palette becomes richer and more differentiated, transients are more precise, and the sound space gains definition and size. I also seem to have noticed an increase in dynamics. I have now unlocked the full potential of my existing devices and feel ready for the future. As a consequence, I’m definitely keeping the MC 3+ Smart Clock USB and am excited to be one of the first to have this listening pleasure."
"To sum it up: the improvements in sound quality are more significant than I would have expected. Individual voices or instruments are more focused, intricate details are more audible. Critical recordings that have been mixed with a tendency towards harsh high frequencies (e.g. Threshold: Hypothetical) benefit the most from the improvements. Strings (Tartini) loose their last remnants of brittleness. Both my wife and I agree: the MC 3+USB is here to stay!"
"I have only just had time to incorporate my MC 3+USB into my system, and I'm pleased to say that it is working perfectly. I have a very simple signal chain: QNAP NAS > USB > MC 3+USB > 110 Ohm AES/EBU > Devialet 400. I'm sure you are pleased to know that the MUTEC works when connected directly to a NAS drive. And the sound is wonderful! Definition is fantastic. I can hear the smallest background sounds, the lightest tap on a cymbal, the tiniest pluck on a string, everything is now audible. Soundstage has grown in size, in fact it seems as if the music is playing in the room rather than just between the speakers. Bass definition has improved and the treble is extended and smooth. I will be connecting my CD player and Sonos system to the MC 3+USB at some stage.I am very happy with my new equipment, my expectations have been surpassed!"
Box, manual, power cord.