This DAC received Absolute Sound's 2015 Product of the Year Award. This DAC with preamp and headphone amp has been upgraded by TDSS to improve sound-stage and lower the noise floor. Nuprime authorizes TDSS (their service organization) to make these upgrades.
TDSS mods reduce address EM radiation, microphonic mechanical vibration, and improve stability of unit. List price for modification is $750. For additional information on the TDSS upgrades please go the the nuprimeaudio website and click on help desk.
- Five digital and two stereo inputs for system flexibility.
- SABRE32 Reference ES9018K2M from ESS Technology
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise level.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 (up to 11.2MHz) and DoP (up to 5.6MHz) method.
- Sample Rate Display – 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 kHz and DSD64 to DSD256.
- Unique dual gain settings for RCA with 2V or 4V outputs, XLR with 4V or 8V outputs; and each of the balanced and unbalanced headphone outputs with four different high power output settings.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows. Standard driver software for Mac.
Original DAC Specifications
- A 4-pin balanced and a standard 6.2mm stereo headphone amplifier outputs.
- Output circuitry designed for use with up to two dynamic headphones. Consistent wiring and the use of XLR-4 sockets ensure excellent channel separation.
- A gain switch for use with in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones.
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, i.e., a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise source level matching.
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise, 0.5dB increments.
Sale includes original boxes (some damage), power cord, remote, manual, and TDSS Documentation. The DAC and remote are undamaged. Will double box. PayPal only. Ship to CONUS only.