B-stock/Demo DAC-1 LE. JUST ONE AVAILABLE! Save $300! B-stock/demo units are thoroughly tested units that have been lightly used as demo, reviewer, customer or dealer units. They come with a 6 month warranty. An additional 2 year non-transferrable warranty can be purchased. Please inquire after sale and we can add it to your order. B-stock/demo units are non-returnable.
About the amazing DAC-1 LE: Despite its remarkably economical price point, the original DAC-1 packs exceptional performance. That’s because the DAC-1 is built on the same foundation as our DAC-2 series: the industry standard ESS Reference 9018 32-bit DAC. Now with the LE version, we expand on this exceptional performance by adding the ability to play high-resolution DSD files and an improved USB input! The new DAC-1 LE USB input will process signals up to 32 bit in length, and sample rates up to 384 kHz PCM or DSD256.
Add to that our proprietary discrete output stages, a hefty, balanced power supply, automatic oversampling for precise output filtering and all the necessary inputs and outputs to accommodate any digital source and you have a phenomenal product that outperforms other DACs in its class.
“The bass is tight and strong, the timbre is smooth, accurate and non fatiguing. My wife and I are truly rediscovering our music!” - Dave R
"So natural sounding.... for example I just listen to the Lila CD that I bought at her dinner concert last night. It sounded pretty much exactly as her and her band sound last night live! The W4S checks all the boxes for me.... tight but not booming bass, very very open mid-range, great sound stage, GREAT SOUND STAGE, crisp highs, very accurate... As analogue sounding as I have ever heard digital sound... the separation between PCM and DSD is even greater... Yea, I like the unit and I like the quality of build, a lot!" - Randy M
DAC-1 LE Features
- Limited edition
- First DSD-capable DAC from Wyred 4 Sound for under $1k
- ESS Reference audio (ES9018) 32 bit DAC
- W4S proprietary discrete output stages for optimum sonics
- ESS Time Domain Jitter Eliminator®
- Improved audio quality through USB input (over standard DAC-1 USB input)
- Automatic oversampling for precise output filtering
- Fully balanced design with balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Oversized toroidal transformer for solid and noise-free power
- Galvanic isolation
- LCD display for input and sample rate viewing
- 2x Coax inputs
- 2x Toslink inputs
- Asynchronous USB input supports up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM and up to DSD256
- Factory selectable mains: 115/230VAC
- Compact size (8.5"W x 4.125"H x 13.5"D)
- 15 lbs.
DAC-1 LE Specs
- Typical THD+N 20-20kHz (A-weighted): <0.006%
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz: ± 0.075db
- S/N Ratio: >115db
- Crosstalk: >98db
- Noise (A-weighted): < 7µV
- Noise: < 10µV
- Balanced Output Level: 5.2V (14.2db gain)
- Unbalanced Output Level: 2.6V (8.2db gain)
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Channel Tracking: < ± 0.50db
California residents subject to 8% sales tax.