Remastered by 4AD Records from the original master tapes, this DCD 180g 4LP box set is packaged in a newly designed white box. This is vol. II of the Dead Can Dance box series and contains the following LP’s: Within the Realm of the Dying Sun, Serpents Egg, Aion, and the band's second John Peel Session from 1984. I removed the shrink wrap solely for the purpose of photographing the contents. The LP’s are in mint, unplayed condition!
Based in London, England, but tracing their origins to Australia, Dead Can Dance`s long campaign in the music industry has rarely attracted attention outside of a devoted following. Whether this is a result of willful obscurism or a disciplined artistic vision is a moot point, but the band left behind more than a decade's worth of, by turns, infuriating and blissful, avant garde pop.
• Housed in newly designed white box
• Remastered from original master tapes, pressed on 180g virgin vinyl!
Second John Peel BBC Session recorded in 1984
1. Flowers of the Sea
4. Carnival of Light
Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun
1. Anywhere Out of the World
3. IN the Wake of Adversity
5. Dawn of the Iconoclast
7. Summoning of the Muse
8. Persephone (the Gathering of the Flowers)
The Serpents Egg
1. The Host of Seraphim
2. Orbis de Ignis
4. The Writing On My Father's Hand
5. In the Kingdom of the Blind the One-Eyed Are Kings
6. Chant of the Paladin
7. Song of Sophia
9. Mother Tongue
1. The Arrival and the Reunion
4. The Song of the Sibyl
5. Fortune Presents Gifts Not According To the Book
6. As the Bell Rings the Maypole Spins
7. The End of Words
8. Black Sun
10. The Promised Womb
11. The Garden of Zephirus
USPS Media Mail delivery to any USA destination is $8.75 for this oversized Dead Can Dance 4LP box set. International shipping is not allowed on this item.