The DSPeaker Anti-Mode Dual Core provides user-friendly, fully-automated digital room correction, in the critical region below 150 Hz. The dSPeaker also offers remote control of volume, tone control, and “loudness contour” for late-night listening, and can function as both DAC and preamp (in addition to its room correction capabilities).
Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core is a Preamp, DAC, tone controller, parametric equalizer & room correction device in one package, for under $1200.00.
The DSPeaker Anti-Mode Dual Core received a Class A rating in Stereophile:
"...offers the wonders of DSP correction with ultra-high sonic quality"
"it is Alladin's genie except you get a lot more than three wishes!"
In the September 2012 issue of the The Absolute Sound, Dr. Robert E. Greene wrote the following:
"In the end you can get truly remarkable sound out of a system corrected and adjusted with a DualCore. One thinks of the introduction to The Three-Penny Opera: “Conceived with a splendor that only a beggar could imagine and ….so cheap that even a beggar could afford it.” Well, not quite that cheap. But still a wild bargain, and a sonic wonder.”
In Paul Seydor's report from the 2014 T.H.E. Show at Newport, he wrote:
Most Significant Product:
I can’t think of another investment that will bring more improvement in sound for the dollar than SimpliFi’s Dual Core Antimode DSP with or without the ULN-3 PSU optional power supply
Part Time Audiophile had this to say about DSPeaker Anti-Mode Dual Core:
And that’s when Walter showed the Ace he’d tucked up his sleeve: the DSpeaker Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0 he was using as a preamp. Walter A/B tested this device for me, cutting the room correction in and out of the chain; the DSpeaker greatly cleared up the midrange and upper bass regions to an extent that I would have thought improbable. All I can say is: “more demo rooms at audio shows need this”. Assuming you don’t want to schlepp a couple hundred pounds of room treatments across the country, it really can nail down an unfriendly room, and do so with some shockingly great results.Wickedly cool.
· New, improved Anti-Mode 2.0 automatic room correction algorithm
· Can be used as a locally clocked high quality jitter-free DAC
· Supports USB audio as well as S/PDIF input/output via optical toslink
· Dual balanced ADCs to deliver the highest level of audio Lperformance that meets the expectations of most demanding audiophiles
· Dual per channel balanced DACs with jitter free operation (local "crystal), oversampling to 6144 kHz, DSP buffering and filtering.
· Can be used as a high quality pre-amp with remote volume control
· Extensive sound customization options, including quick house curve design tool, linear-phase full spectrum tilt, several parametric EQs etc
· Supports several sound profiles (e.g. independent ”sweet spots” and/or equalizer settings), quickly switchable with the remote controller
· Friendly graphical user interface, very easy to set-up and operate
· Ability to measure and display room responses on a built-in 262k-color TFT display
· "Pure digital” mode using S/PDIF input & output: signal is processed in the digital domain all the way (S/PDIF output resolution is independent from input)
· Digital signals are re-aligned for jitter-free operation
· Versatile connectivity: insert Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core between your existing pre-amp and power amplifier or powered speakers or utilize the processor loop or tape loop of your integrated amplifier (or use it as a standalone DAC / preamp!)