Tim de Paravicini’s Brilliant Tube CD Player! / TAS Editor’s Choice Award Winner!
"The new EAR Acute CD Player from brilliant audio engineer Tim de Paravicini of E.A.R. is one of the most unique designs in the history of digital audio. The Acute uses a specially designed transformer-coupled tube output stage, which give this player one of the most uncolored and musical sonic presentations you’ll ever hear. Utilizing the highly regarded Wolfson 24bit/96k DAC combined with Tim’s unbeatable analog output stage gives the Acute one the sweetest and extended presentations. This player uses a pair of 6DJ8s (6922s) in the output stage, as these are a favorite of Tim’s."
"Everything beyond the DAC is of Tim de Paravicini's design, including the filters and the output stage. One thing that makes the player unusual is the fact that the filters are analog, not digital. Another is the transformer-coupled tube output stage. A third is the fact that it has enough gain to drive a power amplifier directly, with the front-panel volume control (also analog).
The Acute CD player offers both true balanced and single-ended analog outputs, and both coaxial and optical digital outputs."
• DAC: Wolfson 24 bit resolution, 96KHz sampling rate
• Output Stage: Custom designed transformer-coupled tube output
• Tube Complement: One pair of PCC88 dual triode tubes (E88CC will fit)
• Volume Control: Integrated fully analog implementation
• Digital Outputs: Coaxial and Optical
• Analog Outputs: True Balanced XLR and Single Ended RCA
• Maximum signal output: 5 Vrms
Buyer pays 3% Paypal (4% Int'l)