Edwards Home Entertainment and Design is offering this gorgeous pair of B&W Matrix 801S2 speaker package.
You can contact me via email directly at email@example.com or via
phone, voice or text, 925.324.2897. Edwards Home Entertainment and
Design is a preloved, high end audio shop that is open by appointment
only in the South San Francisco area, about 3 minutes from the San
The speakers are not joke and they are in phenomenal shape. They will come with dedicated sound anchor stands with spikes. The outboard bass alignment filter is made by ListenUp Maughanbox. The original particleboard crossover covers were removed so the metal bracket of the sound anchor can bolt up to the speaker. These covers are not included. The castors are on the speakers as the stands bolt AROUND the castors, a nice feature. I do not have boxes, so if shipping is required, custom wood crating will be necessary.
Details on the Maughanbox:
The Maughan Box (originally $1,000) is an audiophile grade version of B&W's original bass alignment filter. It enables the 801 Series II speakers to achieve a flat frequency response to 20hz. It can be used with either single ended or XLR connections. This unit is a definite improvement over the original B&W bass alignment filter.
- Dual mono construction with double transformer power supplies
- Fully balanced construction
- Separate power supply regulation for each voltage rail in each channel
- Completely symmetrical parts layout
- High speed, switching-grade electrolyic power supply capacitors with film bypass capacitors to reduce power supply impledance
- 1% metal film resistors used throughout
- Audiophile grade polypropylene capacitors matched to within 0.4%
- Teflon coated, silver plated, oxygen free, high purity solid core copper used in signal path
- XLR and RCA connectors
- Detachable IEC power cord connector
Our shop is in South San Francisco - stop by and put your eyes and ears to work!
CA residents must pay 9.00% sales tax.