Monitor Audio Platinum PL-300s purchased new in late 2009. They are really in perfect condition in non-smoking home. I would prefer to not ship and do a meet up semi-local delivery willing to drive 3-4 hours to meet new owner due to weight. I have all original box/crates, manuals, and the toolkit that comes with them. This is an outstanding speaker. I am selling as I just upgraded to the new Monitor Audio Platinum PL500 IIs.
In the pictures you will notice they are sitting on Mapleshade 4" thick speaker plinths with solid brass footers and this made a big difference when I installed on my concrete sub-floor.
I am relatively new seller on Audiogon but you can check out my long history on eBay user carlinsmithjr. Want to avoid their fees that have become excessive.
- Twin Ported HiVe® II technology
- Sealed Mid-range TLE® (Tapered Line Enclosure)
- 2 x 8" C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) long-throw bass drivers with RDT® (Rigid Diaphragm Technology)
- 1 x 4" RDT mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM high frequency ribbon transducer
- ARC® (Anti-Resonance Composite) baffles, plinths and mid-range driver housing
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in black Ingleston premium grade leather
- Finish: Santos Rosewood veneer with clear gloss piano lacquer
Frequency Response 28 Hz - 100 KHz
Sensitivity (1W@1M) 90 dB
Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
Maximum S.P.L (Per pair in room) 118.6 dBA
Power Handling (RMS) 300 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS) 100 - 300 W
Bass Alignment Twin ported HiVe II technology Sealed mid-range TLE
Mid / H.F Crossover Frequency 4000 Hz
Bass Low Pass Crossover Frequency 550 Hz
Driver Unit Complement 2 x 8" long throw RDT bass drivers 1 x 4" RDT mid-range driver 1 x C-CAM high frequency ribbon transducer
External Dimensions including fixed plinth & feet (HxWxD) 1113 x 410 x 470 mm (4313/16 x 161/8 x 181/2)
Weight (each) including plinth 43.8Kg (96.4lbs)