Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 Tower Loudspeakers
price is firm ---
new in box full warranty color is rosewood
Save $500 on the Best-Value Speakers in This Price Range: Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 Tower Loudspeakers Boast Taut Bass/Midrange Response, Huge Soundstaging, Remarkable Extension--in rosewood
The Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 tower loudspeakers will change the way you respond to music for a price that doesn't begin to convey the inherent qualities within. How fantastic does it sound? For starters, you will never find a better value in speaker design considering what Diamond 10.7 costs and gives you back in return. You might notice some reviews make the mistake of calling the speaker an "entry-level" model. Not so. Yes, the price might be, but the performance goes beyond any expectations. The pinnacle of the British company's acclaimed Diamond line, 10.7 comes loaded with two 6.5-inch bass drivers and a two-inch dome midrange driver. They're partially responsible for the clean, taut bass, terrific midrange responsiveness, and canyon-wide soundstage. No matter your musical tastes, 10.7 will transport you to a higher plane.
"The Wharfedale's ability to render detail made it very easy to hear differences in recording quality. The Diamond 10.7 is an impressive speaker that provides many of the attributes of pricier floorstanders in an attractive, small-footprint cabinet at an accessible price."
– Robert Reina, Stereophile
Striving for Perfection
Improving on past award-winning designs, the 10.7 features Kevlar cones, a soft-dome tweeter equipped with a neodymium magnet, and full internal cross-bracing. A 6.5-inch bass driver and twin rear-firing ports bring up the bottom end and yield phenomenal punch. Other enhancements, ranging from a low-profile chassis to stronger cabinet walls and a composite front-baffle panel, all contribute to reduced vibration, lower distortion, and increased rigidity. At Music Direct, we don't expect anything less from a British loudspeaker company that for more than 80 years has prized quality and innovation over all else.
"The Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 are exceptional entry-level compact floorstanding speakers. They have a huge soundstage, the bass is tight and clean in its middle and upper registers, they were able to handle large scale recordings, and best of all, they have a near peerless midrange response for a speaker in this price class."
– Tom Lyle, EnjoyTheMusic.com
You Can Live With This AnywhereFeatures:
Visually, the Diamond 10.7 looks as pretty as it sounds. The elegantly curved cabinets and gorgeous finishes (available in three striking colors) give the speaker an artistic presence. Plus, the 10.7 is effortless to use. On the back, unlike many speakers whose parallel terminals cause problems with or outright prevent connections with thick cables, the 10.7 boasts offset bi-wire terminals that ensure the best-possible connectivity and allow for a wide range of options.
- Cast aluminum ports, binding post and Tweeter frame for fit and finish at this price point
- Tweeter, Midrange and ports are “locked” together stiffening the front baffle
- Cast aluminum frames for all drivers reduces resonance, improves power handling
- Open back driver design for zero back-wave bleed through the cone
- Kevlar cones for highest stiffness to mass ratio, unheard of at this price point
- Low reflection MSBR surrounds with increased linear driver excursion, improves dynamics and isolates reflections
- Tweeter gets neodymium magnet for high power and ultimate control
- Polypropylene Capacitors on tweeter crossover for silky smooth highs
- Curved side panels reduce panel flex and cancel internal standing waves
- ¾” MDF enclosure for solid impact and dynamics
- Full internal cross-bracing for reduced enclosure vibration
- Poly-fill stuffed enclosures improve bass and midrange performance
Bass Driver: 2x 6.5"
Dome Mid Driver: 2"
Suitable Amplifier Power: 30 - 200 watts
Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
A/V Shielded: No
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Nominal Frequency Range: 30Hz - 24kHz
HF Limit (-10dB): 44kHz
Freq. Fb: 35Hz
Crossover Frequency: 150Hz / 850kHz / 4.5kHz
Dimensions (HWD): 38" H x 8.78" W x 11.85" D
Weight: 44 lbs. (Each)
Quest For Sound
2307-R Bristol Pike