Call me at 770-667-5633 or email email@example.com with questions
The Furutech Alpha Design Labs GT40 is a small, hi quality, preamp, headphone amp, DAC and phono stage in one small package.
It is a good headphone amp, has a nice 24/96k USB DAC, phono stage for both MM & MC cartridges, and a line level input. It is also a very good sounding preamp. It even has an A to D converter to digitize your vinyl. It is like a little Swiss army knife. It is a very hi value product with excellent reviews. It is just the kind of inexpensive over performer that we like to sell at Underwood Hifi.
Reviews have been excellent. The 6moons review summed up with:
" The GT40 USB DAC by Furutech (that’s the full name) is a brilliant combination of functionality. You will not manage to find an equally good preamplifier for this money, never mind one with phonostage. The headphone output is equally solid under the proviso of not loading it down with high impedance and low efficiency. The USB DAC too is very interesting, with very good resolution and dynamics."
What Hifi gave it 5 stars and said"
"Product of the Year, Awards 2011. An unusually specified product that turns out not only to be a jack of most trades, but a master of them, too"
Read the review at:
Stereophile was amazed and has made it a Class B rated product.
Use the GT40 at your desk thru USB into powered speakers or headphones. Use it in a high quality inexpensive system with a computer source and turntable. Just add an amp and speakers for a wonderful hi value hi quality system.
We accept Visa & MasterCard as well as money orders. Call me at 770-667-5633 to discuss this hi value jack of all trades.
From the Furutech site:
● USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
● Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
● USB Playback Resolution : 24bit/96kHz
● USB Recording Resolution: 96kHz (Max) supports 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
● Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (40Hz: +0.5 dB, 15kHz:-0.5dB)
● SN ratio:-90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
● Line Output Level: 1 Vrms
● Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 5mV / Line 1V
● Headphone Output Level: 80mW ( 32 ohm ) Max.
● Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: AC 9V 0.5A
● Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
● Weight: 785g Approx.
The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 47K ohm input impedance for both MC and MM.
Maximum Input Level for MM: 5.0mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for LINE: 1Vrms at 1K Hz
The Gain setting for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 62.5dB for MC and fixed at 48.5dB for MM.
(MC input to LINE output) => 62.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
(MM input to LINE output) => 48.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
The GT40 is built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40 will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40 features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 96 kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40 includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40 features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The ADL GT40 (wired with Furutech’s GT2 USB cable of course!) brings Furutech’s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24bit/96kHz files, but even 16bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
- High performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC and ADC IC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 24bit/96kHz surpassing conventional 16bit/44.1kHz standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 96kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won’t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40 with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The GT40 sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals.
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40 features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40 features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40 is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob
Please note: The GT40 requires recording software to be installed to record/rip LPs to Hard drive. This software is not supplied with the GT40. There are a variety of free or pay recording software available, so very difficult to make recommendations, but Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is a free-to-download software that is relatively simple to use and very functional.
Acoustic Zen, Audio Space tube electronics, Bob Carver tube amps, Creek, Denon, Emerald Physics, Epos, Furutech ADL, Gallo speakers, Gini Systems LS3/5A speakers, Graham Slee, Jolida, LSA amps and speakers, Marantz Reference, Modwright amps & preamps, Mordaunt Short loudspeakers, Music Hall, Okki Nokki record cleaners, Peachtree Audio, Project, PS Audio, PurePower AVPS power regenerators, Quad, Rolls Bellari, Silverline Audio, SONOS, Spatial Computer, Spread Spectrum Technologies Ampzilla, VMPS Loudspeakers, WADIA, Wireworld, Wyred 4 Sound, Wywires
Sales policies on our website at www.underwoodhifi.com