Harmonic Technolgy Digital Data Link. Measures 1.5meters. RCA termination. Rated conservatively 9/10. Indistinguishable from new. This AMAZING fiberoptic digital data Photon cable is in perfect shape. If you decide to use paypal, please add 3%. Read my feedback and buy with confidence
Please refer to review by Sterophile, Michael Fremer • Posted: Aug 21, 2005, July 2010, Enjoy the Music Best of 2010 Award, etc.
POSITIVE FEEDBACK ONLINE - ISSUE 38 Review by Robert H. Levi
The Photon Interconnects from Harmonic Technology are completely unique and the only non metal fiber optic interconnects on the market. They are uncolored, non-fatiguing, uncompressed, neutral, and musical like their ultra high-end super expensive metal cousins. Soundstaging, frequency response, and background blackness are outstanding and even better now than the four year old original versions. A remarkable purity of musical definition and outstanding overall dynamics suggest the state of the art. The Photons join the exulted ranks of the finest interconnects in the world. They are a breakthrough design if there ever was one and are ready for primetime! Kudos to Harmonic Technology for not being satisfied with the status quo. They have a real winner here! Robert H. Levi
From the Harmonic tech website:
The second generation of the CyberLight Digital Data Link cable that is optimized for Transport-to-DAC connections. The Photon Digital is a true 75 OHM RCA Photon Digital cable .
- Patent-pending LAM ensures music is never digitized and offers the lowest possible noise floor
- The LAM modules are applied at both ends of the cable, ensuring absolutely no analog-to-digital conversion
- Fiber-optic technology ensures entire signal path is purely analog, without any sampling
- Light transmission through the fiber is uni-directional
- Leverages telecommunication laser and fiber technology rather than LED and plastic/polymer fiber found in Toslink cables
- Photon light signals make it immune to EMI and RFI interference
- No DC measurement at the receiving termination, with added logic to prevent any possible DC leak to the destination device
- A broader frequency response range and provides even better sound quality and detail presentation
- Musical information is preserved to a greater degree due to complete lack of digitization
- With the signal path being unidirectional, the signal ground loop is completely isolated, creating a much darker background
- True component impedance match
As two-channel and multi-channel music, and even surround systems, reach ever greater resolutions, selecting the best digital cable to bring each component together in perfect harmony has become one of the most crucial and complex decisions. For the truly discriminating, the choice is fiber-optically clear: Red-jacketed Photon Digital (Transport-to-DAC).
By adapting glass fiber and laser-like technology to the audio realm, Harmonic Technology has created a new generation of interconnects to bring the ultimate level of performance to audiophiles. Through patent-pending, miniaturized LAM (Light Analog Module) Photon Transducers, the Photon Digital converts digital signals to light pulses, with absolutely no further digital conversions�to unleash the sonic depth, accuracy and power of every pulse. The entire signal (pulse) path remains purely analog, without any sampling, to capture amazing clarity.