Selling a very special Scott 222C Amp. Modified and Restored by Scott specialist Foster Blair. Units with same modification are sold by Mapleshade's. Includes Stepped Attenuator mod. Great sounding amp - clean and dynamic.
Amp comes with recently installed NOS GE tubes (6BQ6/EL84, 12AX7, 6FQ7 and 5AR4). At the time the tubes were installed, it was gone over and re-biased by a tube amp specialist. In very good condition with just a few minor blemishes. Includes case and extra quad of EH EL84 tubes matched for this amp by Foster Blair.
Please see below for description of mod and specs - taken from Mapleshade's website:
• 26 watts per channel; the dynamic swing is large enough to drive speakers as inefficient as 86 db to full realistic volume
• integrated passive preamp
• modded (and excellent-sounding) integrated phono stage
• phono stage will handle both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges down .08 mv output
• three line level inputs (tuner/aux/tape)
• two phono inputs (high mag/low mag)
• one line level output• tape loop is functional
• outputs for 4, 8 ,16 Ohm speakers
• all stock balance, tone control, filters and power indicators are bypassed as part of the mod
Will be carefully packaged and shipped to Continental US or Canada