For sale is a mint customer trade-in pair of balanced (XLR) 1 meter analog interconnects from Stealth Audio Cables. The Sakra V12 is their flagship model and considered by many to be one of the best analog ICs available. The condition is like new as they were purchased locally from an authorized Stealth dealer. The original packaging has been discarded but they will be properly packaged to ensure to safe delivery to the new owner.
Here is what Stealth says regarding this cable:
The Śakra V12 is quite different from the standard (original Sakra): the cables are indeed directional – since they are CONICAL inside and outside, and feature our new “vari-cross” geometry – the cross-section of the cable varies along their length; this is done to improve the impedance matching between the source and the receiving end;
Sonically, the cables are more relaxed right out of the box, and sound yet more full-bodied (and thus natural) while having improved resoluti0on and transparency over the "original" Sakra.
Because of the improved geometry the Śakra V12 is more relaxed and natural (right out of the box, in a brand new condition the V12 sounds more “broken in” – compare to the original Sakra with 1000+ hours on it). On top of that, the Sakra V12 has improved resolution and transparency over the "original" Sakra.
In other words, the Śakra V12 is simply a better cable and is our flagship analog interconnect for 2013, and up to date.
...For almost 5 years, making and gradually improving the Indra cable, we thought that the Indra would remain the pinnacle of our designs (in the line-level, analog interconnect domain). As with all our designs, we improve them as we go, introducing new "revisions"; Indra has gone though three revision changes, and each next revision sounded better than the previous one, but the overall, general sound character of the Indra remained similar through all revisions. However, while the ŚAKRA can be considered just the next, updated revision of Indra, it has a different name, and it IS a different cable overall: it is a clear upgrade from any Indra revision, and the magnitude of the difference is very substantial. What makes such a profound difference? - it's simple: better geometry and better dielectric. How does it sound, compare to the Indra? - we will know more once reviews are published, and we accumulate feedback from the Śakra users, but as of now - after testing the Sakra in a dozen of very good systems, and collecting comments from a couple of dozen of experienced listeners, we are certain about three major Śakra performance advantages over the Indra:
1. Śakra V12 offers considerably better low-end extension, more subjective "body" to the sound AND better midrange transparency AT THE SAME TIME. These two characteristics: better transparency and better "body" (and bass performance) practically always contradict each other - at least, it's been true in all cables and in all gear we have heard. Usually, it's "either-or": improved midrange transparency or improved body.... But the Śakra V12 offers BOTH!
2. Without any break-in, right out of the box, the Śakra V12 sounds more "relaxed" than a well broken-in Indra, and fuller in body than the original Sakra... And it improves further as it breaks-in!
3. Śakra V12 offers more layered, larger, and better defined soundstage; the effect of changing the Indra for the Śakra is similar to adding a good preamplifier to a system, where a DAC was connected directly to a power amplifier...
...We will add more comments as we receive and analyze them. But for now, before the Śakra is officially released - we suggest you talk to your STEALTH dealer about special, introductory offer to upgrade your Indra to the Śakra! It is a major upgrade, and you will not be disappointed - or your money back!
KEY DESIGN FEATURES
Amorphous conductive media (wire) - which is perfectly homogeneous, grain-less – i.e. identical in all directions, since it has no crystal structure at all;
Ultra thin wire: 0.001” (one-thousands of an inch) thick. Very thin wire is important for:
· minimizing skin effect (no harshness in the upper midrange and treble);
· minimizing time-domain errors (necessary for the clean, well defined bass, and perfect imaging);
· in realistic cable dimensions, allows the use of the STEALTH proprietary distributed LITZ geometry**:
Proprietary non-resonant cable geometry: STEALTH vari-cross distributed LITZ**:
· Individually insulated strands (to eliminate direct electrical contact, i.e. galvanic interaction between strands – otherwise the multiple bare strands behave like a single thicker wire)
· Non-inductive bifilar winding - the advantage of the STEALTH multicore geometry.
· Electrical resonance control: the advantage of the STEALTH distributed LITZ geometry.
· Mechanical resonance control: dielectric and jacketing mechanical properties: optimized density and damping. Too much damping usually sterilizes and deadens the sound, while too little damping is even worse because of excessive “ringing” (unwanted uncontrolled resonances).
Characteristic impedance control: optimized relationships among capacitance, inductance and DC resistance: the ŚAKRAcharacteristic impedance and its resonant behavior (“Q” at RF frequencies) are different from any machine-made cable.
Ultra low energy storage dielectric: STEALTH para-vacuum*** (Helium gas) + porous - i.e. foam-like Teflon. The Helium dielectric, combined with the multicore geometry, are the MAIN technical advantages of the Śakra, compare to the Indra. Porous Teflon has the lowest dielectric constant of all solid and semi-solid materials. Low dielectric constant = low energy storage = low distortion = fast sound. Helium gas dielectric properties is much better than even porous Teflon, better than air, and better than realistic (commercial) vacuum.
Proprietary STEALTH connectors: custom and highly advanced; very low overall mass, solid silver contacts, machined ultra-modified PTFE (Teflon®) dielectric, Kevlar composite frame, Carbon Fiber/Titanium shells.
Advanced termination technique (high pressure crimping = cold weld) – a direct contact = seamless transition between the wire and the contact – no intermediate agent (solder) involved;
Suggested retail price for a 1 meter balanced XLR Śakra pair is $16,000 ($9,600 for each extra meter).
Next Level Audio & Video is a premier retailer of the world's finest HiFi products. We operate by appointment and offer our clients the opportunity to experience systems not heard elsewhere. We are proud to support our business partners including: Aavik, Ansuz, Arcam, Burmester, Devialet, Dynaudio, Naim, Nordost, Octave, PMC, Raidho, Rega, REL, Scansonic, Soulution, & T+A.
Payment can be made by Check, Cash, Money Order, Credit Card, or PayPal. Credit Card or PayPal adds 3.5% to the total.
Illinois Residents add 7% to the total.
Local pickup is available as well.
Feel free to contact us at the following for questions, appointment requests, and or orders: