This preowned Def Tech Subwoofer is in “Used Good” Condition overall and function as intended. The Subwoofer was just serviced at Durham’s Electronics, in Little Rock Arkansas, and has a brand new preamp installed. The listing is for only what is shown in the photos and does not include any manufacturer provided accessories that may have been included when purchasing this same item new. The listing will include (1) “Preowned” Definitive Technology Supercube III and will come repackaged and does not include any original accessories that have not been previously mentioned. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the item, condition, shipping, or listing itself, prior to purchase. We work tirelessly in an effort to provide accurate, detailed, and honest descriptions, condition reports, and photographs, of all items we list and welcome any questions you may have. Our goal is to provide quality preowned electronics at the absolute best price possible to our fellow audioholics with the same passion for the spouse infuriating hobby that we love so much, Home Audio & Video!
* We utilize videography during our pack and ship process for quality assurance and fraud prevention. Fraudulent claims, part theft, chargebacks and other immoral practices increase expenses and drive retail prices higher for consumers. Please help us keep our prices as low as possible! If there is a legitimate issue in which you believe an item was misrepresented, contact us immediately!
** The information provided below is for reference only. We do not independently test manufacturers performance claims and as such they can not be guaranteed. Please contact the manufacturer directly for applications requiring verified performance. The information below has been obtained through simple online data searches and may be subject to error, omission, and or copyright. **
Our take on the Definitive Technology SuperCube IIIby Crutchfield's Kristen Schaub
Ultra-compact subwoofer delivers big bass
Definitive's smallest subwoofer, the SuperCube III provides huge bass performance in a compact, room-friendly enclosure that takes up less than a cubic foot of floor-space. The secret to its success is an active woofer/passive radiator combination that produces big sound despite the cabinet's small size. And a powerful built-in 650-watt amplifier really shows off this little sub's tight, accurate bass response.
A unique approach to rock-solid bass
A look at the rear panel offering a number of hookup options.
The SuperCube III contains a 7-1/2" woofer pressure-coupled to two 7-1/2" passive radiators, for a total output around that of a traditional 12" woofer. This driver array gives the SuperCube III the advantage of far greater speed, musicality, and control than any large single-woofer sub could produce. The woofer is encased in an incredibly rigid basket engineered to hold the massive magnet structure and large voice coil in absolute alignment. The non-resonant cabinet is nearly 2" thick and uses multiple internal bracings to make sure that you hear clean bass without sound-muddying vibrations.
Flexible inputs and outputs and advanced controls
Line-level and speaker-level inputs let you connect this sub to just about any audio system. The continuously variable low-pass crossover allows you to precisely control the frequencies that your subwoofer handles. And the built-in high-pass crossover is a nice touch: it prevents your main speakers from overloading with low frequencies if you hook them up through the subwoofer's speaker-level outputs.
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) enclosure
- 7-1/2" long-throw woofer pressure-coupled to lwo 7-1/2" low bass radiators
- built-in 650-watt amplifier
- frequency response 16-200 Hz
- continuously variable low-pass 40-150 Hz crossover
- auto on/off
- phase control dial for fine-tuning bass performance
- speaker-level inputs and outputs
- 80 Hz fixed high-pass crossover for speaker-level outputs
- two pairs of line-level input
- LFE input for use with home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- piano-gloss black finish
- 10-3/16"W x 10-13/16"H x 11-5/16"D