These were manufactured in 2009. ATLAS signature amplifiers are capable of driving virtually any high quality speaker. An innovative hybrid design incorporates a bipolar output stage, bipolar driver stage, and vacuum tube input gain stage. They stand alone as the only hybrid amplifiers with zero feedback, essential for maintaining harmonic integrity, air, space and coherence. The Atlas provides your choice of full range or high-pass inputs. This unique built-in filter is ideal for speakers featuring powered woofers, such as Vandersteen, or for audio and home cinema systems using outboard powered sub-woofers. Saturn Series design themes are evidenced in the specialized all-aluminum chassis construction and elaborate power supply design.
• Zero feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
• Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering. This single gain stage provides all of the voltage gain for the entire amplifier.
• Stereo amplifier: 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
• Mono amplifier: 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
• Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
• Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
• Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
• Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
• Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
• Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
• All aluminum chassis construction assures durability.
• Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
• RS232 control and trigger for special installation requirements.
• Available in black or silver faceplate.
Atlas Mono is only available in the Signature version. The mono version dedicates the entire power supply to one channel, increasing space, drive and dimensionality.
Power Output: 300wpc channel into 8, 600wpc into 4
Input Sensitivity: 60mV (1 watt), 3.1V (full power)
Input Impedance: 470K
Output Impedance: .25 at 1kHz
Signal to noise: 120dB
Bandwidth at full power: 4 – 150kHz
Rated THD at full power: <1%
Power consumption: 100 watts at idle
Dimensions: 18″w x 8″h x 19″d
Weight: 70 lbs