If you are reading this then you are well-informed. Possibly the best headphones ever made. Rare, obscure because Pioneer lost money on every pair built , thus the low, very low production number.Equally special and rare is Pioneer JCA-XLR 30M Headphone Cable. MSRP=$350.00 MSRP of phones =$2500.00 For older audiophiles, Pioneer ruled in its day. Check out The Vintage Knob to view some of their eXclusive line Esoterica! Rarely come up for sale:
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 x 9 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6 pounds
- Item model number: SE-Master1
- #158154 in Electronics > Portable Audio & Video > MP3 & MP4 Player Accessories
- #164702 in Electronics > Home Audio & Theater
- Nothing is held back in the production of these flagship headphones. Each SE-MASTER1 is assembled by a master specialist at the Tohoku Pioneer Plant, Yamagata Prefecture
- The lightweight, 25-THICK aluminum diaphragm is treated with a ceramic coating to add rigidity, enhance its natural performance, and deliver excellent sound quality
- Our specialists used Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) to select, prototype and test the best materials for the diaphragm and magnetic circuits, ensuring superb sound characteristics and clarity
- The SE-MASTER1s are capable of reproducing high-resolution audio of up to 85,000 Hz, more than double the minimum requirement for high-res headphones (40,000 Hz)
- Each SE-MASTER1 is engraved with its own serial number, making it unique to you
Pioneer's history in quality audio equipment began 80 years ago, with the vision of 'delivering the joy of music to people far and wide'. In 1937, we produced the A-8, the first dynamic speaker to be produced in Japan, and we have been committed to high fidelity sound reproduction ever since. Whether we are making home speakers, car speakers or headphones, our focus is always on the pure, faithful reproduction of sound. We have been developing and producing ground-breaking headphones for more than half a century, starting with the SE-1 headphones in 1960. Now we're writing the next chapter in our long history of technical supremacy and purity in sound design.
Best headphones that I ever owned.
My list includes:
Sennheiser Orpheus with two sets of phones
Various Top of the Line Grado’s
Bowers and Wilkins
Sony R-1’s—bass light and bass heavy
Feel free to call TTVJ—Todd can vouch for me.