Marantz 10B Tuner, Factory Rackmount version
This classic, rare Marantz Model 10BR tuner (the R suffix indicates the factory rack mount version) is in good cosmetic and good working condition. This unit is serial number 10-4670. This unit was made as a rackmount version at the factory with the factory framework supporting the tuner, not some aftermarket faceplate simply bolted to the front of the tuner, as can be seen elsewhere. The CRT looks good (no burn spots), and the optocouplers work fine. Cosmetically, the tuner has some minor marks on the faceplate, as well as some noticeable “rack rash” where it was bolted into a rack (I’ll include bolts with nylon washers that cover most of that for display). See photos for details.
According to my research, this unit was built mid 1967 and purchased new by its original owner in October 1967. It went back to Marantz for minor repairs two weeks later (repair invoice included). I purchased the unit from the original owner in March 1989 and have owned it since, almost 30 years. It has only been used very lightly over that time. In 1994, the tuner’s designer, Dick Sequerra checked out the tuner and pronounced it in “quite good shape”. It has not been shipped nor had any service, or need for service, since. Includes the original factory packaging designed specifically for the 10BR. It will be triple-boxed for shipment (the factory packaging is already double boxed), so will not be inexpensive to ship. The tuner itself is 35 pounds, and the empty factory box is another 16 pounds. I'll ship the accessories (listed below) in a separate box.
Includes all original paperwork:
- Instruction Manual
- warranty (with serial number)
- mail-in warranty card (blank, also with serial number)
- spec/inspection sheet (also with serial number)
- 2 schematics for the tuner (one large, one 8.5 by 11)
- a color postcard showing the tuner
- a Marantz sales brochure (which describes the 10B tuner, SLT-12 Turntable, Model 7T preamp, Model 8B amplifier and Model 9 amplifier)
- lastly, the aforementioned repair invoice.
All of the paperwork is in near mint condition except for the large schematic which shows some wear on one edge.
Also included are the original Marantz RCA cables that came with the tuner and the hardware for mounting it in a cabinet (unopened since new).
Also includes spare parts I’ve collected over the years in case the tuner ever needs repairs:
- a set of three new optocouplers (from an ebay seller years ago)
- a new Telefunken CRT
- a new set of dial glass (2 marked glass plates)
- a new set of rack handles
- 16 new tubes for spares: 10 new 6JK6, 3 new EC88/6DZ4,1 new 6U8, 2 new 12AU7.
- Also included are 3 original tubes, all test bad and were replaced in the tuner with new: 2 used EC88/6DL4 and 1 used 6DZ4/EC88.
Vintage electronics, so sold as-is, no warranty. Pickup in Fairfield county, CT preferred, but I will ship at the buyer's expense. I've listed the shipping method as UPS, but I will ship any method the buyer prefers.