I don’t use my headphone system much any more, so it’s time for someone else to enjoy this. Still in production at $4995. Best headphone amp I have ever heard. It drives everything including planars and STAX. Never seen another amp that does that. It can also drive high efficiency speakers. I believe there may have been an optional (or even a standard) remote for volume. I am the 2nd owner and I didn't get that when I bought it. TBH, I didn't know there was one until I looked up info on the unit for this listing. Includes upgraded Synergistic Fuse which made a HUGE difference.
Outstanding Reviews Follow:
I don’t have the original box but it will be professionally packed by UPS. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Audio Valve Solaris- State-of-the-Art - more than just a headphone amp!
Based on the concept of Audio Valve's Luminare, the form and equipment of Solaris has been adapted to RKV 3. In addition to extended features like balance-control, more inputs and a remote control which has been integrated for volume, the front plate, Solaris now has the same connection options as Luminare while offering twice the performance on all outputs which on average is 8-12 watt per channel, depending on the headphones' impedance.
Solaris is the logical synthesis of Luminare and RKV 3 and reflects perfectly what the Audio Valve team defines as STATE-OF-THE-ART product in the premium class of
headphone applications when talking to a number of customers worldwide.
Solaris can be updated and equipped with DAC and is then called "Solaris-DAC"
The Solaris-DAC is more than just a headphone amp, it's more like a Swiss Army Knife in the Audio World (German: Eierlegende Wollmilchsau). It provides inputs for all sorts of headphones including Stax, analog inputs, USB input for music server and computer, MM phono input, pre-amp out for power amps,direct speaker output for high sensitive loudspeaker.
...and THE ONE AND ONLY headphone amplifier on the market that is able to drive
all standard headphone loads, starting from 3 Ohm up to 145 kOhm.
See details below:
- consequent dual mono design
- 2x 0.15mm copper for top and bottom layer
- multi VIA layer grounding basis, pcb design based on the theoretical
principles of the "kelvin-wiring"
- heavy 3 mm laser cut steel case - coated
- clipping indicator (shows faulty tubes or overload)
- 8 power tubes (4 per channel) - 6GV18 (6F5P)
- full automatic DC/AC servo biasing
- multi match transformers (PIKATRON) included
- power output mode selector for: IMP - OTL - STAX modes
- ALPS volume remote control
- Balance pot. +/- 3dB
- green illuminated main power switch for power ON mode
- heating and plate voltage "soft start" circuit
- headphone protector circuit
- reversible heating / plate current limiter
- installed OPA 134
- highly accurate implemented stereo MM phono module - "old school design"
OTL - Output Transformer Less tube amplifier (design
- double mono construction
- power output: each channel 12 watt sin at 220R load in OTL mode
- bandwidth: 15 - 100,000 hz
- damping 3600
- s/n ratio 100 dB
- distortion 0.002 % at 1 watt - 200 Ohm load
- max. OTL - mode: output 120 VAC eff
- max. STAX - mode: output 480 VAC
- gain: OTL mode 34dB, STAX +12dB by output transformer ratio
- gain switch for all modes: +8dB
- input sensitifty. 0dBm, resistance 47k
- bias voltage: 300 + 580 VDC
- IC - full autom. - controlled bias - Class-A mode
- patented full automatic servo tube biasing
- power consumption min. 100 watt
- size 360 depth x 320 width x 140 height mm
- weight 10kg