Magical Decware ZOB speakers with upgraded FRX2 drivers. If you appreciate low-power tube amps... search no more. This is it- read some reviews online. You name it- jazz, classical, vocals, pop, rock.. with the right setup this is as good as it gets.
The FRX2 drivers alone are $1200 http://www.decware.com/newsite/FRX.html
Speakers retail price $3500.00 http://www.decware.com/newsite/ZOB.html
The FRX2 design is about ultra high fidelity with lower powered amplifiers at sane listening levels. It has limited power coupling around 15 watts or so. That means power in excess of that amount will be compressed via the FRX2's novel electromotive coupling. Point being - this is not a party speaker. It was designed for critical listening using world class gear by audiophiles with golden ears. It's SPL limitation is like the old QUAD 57 electrostatic speakers and in a proper enclosure/baffle the FRX2 has a similar albeit more dynamic sound. Unlike a panel speaker, the FRX2's high frequency dispersion exceeds most tweeters so off axis listening is superior. It's higher total Q and 4.5mm x max makes it well suited for open baffle use.
- High sensitivity/minimal distortion—an ideal match for lower powered amplifiers
- Electromotive amplifier to voice coil coupling eliminates ringing and stabilizes response
- Machined motor assembly with optimized neodymium magnet provides tighter control
- Solid bass performance, thanks to usefully high excursion capability (>4 mm Xmax)
- Cast frame with under spider venting for excellent cooling and low mechanical noise
- Narrow spokes eliminate reflections behind the cone for cleaner response
- Motor shape acts as a rear wave guide to enhance dispersion
- Parasitic HF cone and carefully engineered phase plug extends on and off-axis response
- Low-mass copper clad aluminum voice coil increases high frequency response and speed
- Copper cap and copper ring on pole piece reduce voice coil inductance and distortion
- Kevlar reinforced paper cone is lightweight yet rigid and well controlled for cleaner bass
- Hand Built, tuned and tested one at a time for superior attention to detail and overall quality
94 dB with 1 watt at 1 meter
Response is 38Hz ~ 25kHz
8 ohm nominal impedance
15 watts RMS/30 watts MAX
Dimensions: A: 8.7", B: 7.2", C: 4.0" D: 9.8"
1 inch voice coil
machined copper phase guide and shorting ring
5 way machined gold plated binding posts on rear
Shipping weight 15 lbs ea.
Size 12.5" wide, 16" deep, 52" high
Solid 1.5" thick cherry baffle
5 way binding posts on rear
Shipping weight 75 lbs ea.
Pickup is recommended. No boxes included but buyer may arrange for packing/shipping