In stock (black finish) and ready to ship. Maybe the best buy in dac's below $10K. We know of no other dac that sounds better or offers all the features the 501 offers. Swiss excellence!!
The DAC501 is our new state of the art D/A converter with an unprecedented level of sophistication and versatility.
With the DAC501 we are creating a new paradigm for what used to be a black box decice. A typical D/A Converter is a "set and forget" device. Not so with the DAC501. It adds a number of interesting signal processing features and sports a variety of digital inputs. Balanced, unbalanced and headphone outputs are provided.
Weiss engineering has a 30 year history in D/A converter design. In that time span we have learned a thing or two about converter design. The DAC501 is the essence of our experiences.
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF via XLR, toslink and RCA
- UPnP / DLNA (via Ethernet)
- Accepted formats: PCM 44.1kHz up to 384 kHz, DSD 64x / 128x
- Line out unbalanced on RCA connector
- Line out balanced on XLR connector
- Headphone out on 1/4" jack
- One of the latest 32 bit D/A Converter chips is used
- Discrete output stages for both line and headphone outputs