The MX-5050 BIII-2 has long been the standard in 1/4” 2 track analog recorders. It features an optimized three-head design and transformerless balanced inputs and outputs to provide superior frequency response, low distortion, and high signal-to-noise performance under the most demanding conditions.
About this product
Fantastic condition pre-owned Otari MX-5050 BIII-2 master tape recorder, recently completely serviced by Soren Wittrup of CS Electronics.
Included in the work done by Wittrup was the addition of an external switch to allow use of either an outboard tape preamplifier or the onboard Otari preamp. Tape deck is in excellent working condition.
Unit is rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with age and light use. Tape deck does not come in original box, but will be professionally packaged for secure shipping. Unit comes with tape hubs, one pair of Transparent balanced cables, and an electronic copy of the owner's manual will be provided.
Original Retail: $3,000+
- Track Configuration: 2 Channel, NAB 1/4" Track Width
- Heads: Erase x 1; Record x 1; Repro x 1
- Motor: Capstan x 1 (DC brushless PLL servo motor) Reel x 2 (AC Induction Motor)
- Reel Size: max. 10.5" NAB
- Tape Speed: High Speed Version: 15 ips/7.5 ips Low Speed Version: 7.5 ips/3.75 ips
- Tape Speed Accuracy: max.±0.2%
- Tape Speed Deviation: max. 0.2%
- Wow and Flutter: Peak Weighted Per DIN 45507; 15 ips: max. ±0.06%; 7.5 ips: max. ±0.08%; 3.75 Ips: max. ±0.12%
- Start Time: Time required to accelerate to double the specified Wow and Flutter value. 15 ips: max. 0.5 s; 7.5 ips: max. 0.4 s; 3.75 ips: max. 0.3 s
- Stop Time: Time to stop from Play mode 15 ips: max. 0.5 s; 7.5 ips: max. 0.3 s; 3.75 ips: max. 0.3 s; Time to Stop from Fast Wind: max. 3 s
- Fast Wind Time (for 2500-ft tape): max. 110 s (50 Hz) or max. 90 s (60 Hz)
- Line Input: Mode: Transformerless Active Balanced Input Impedance: 100 kΩ, 20 Hz to 20 kHz Nominal Level: +4 dBu; Max. Level: +30 dBu; Connectors: XLR Female type
- Mic Input: Mode: Transformerless Active Balanced; Input Impedance: 10 kΩ; Min. Level: -70 dBu/-50 dBu/OFF switchable Mic. Impedance: min. 150 Ω
- Line Output: Mode: Transformerless Active Balanced; Output Impedance: max. 5 Ω (20 Hz to 20 kHz) Load Impedance: min. 200 Ω; Nominal Level: +4 dBu/-16 dBu switchable Max. Level: +26 dBu for 200 Ω; Connectors: XLR Male type
- Headphone Output: Load Impedance: 8 W; Connector: 1/4" Standard Stereo Phone Jack
- Equalization: NAB/IEC Selectable
- Standard Reference Flux: 185/250/320* nWb/m (*open circuit flux)
- Rec/Rep Frequency Response: 15 ips: 30 Hz to 20 kHz ±2 dB; 7.5 ips: 30 Hz to 18kHz ±2 dB; 3.75 ips: 20 Hz to 10 kHz ±2 dB
- Rec/Sel-Rep Frequency Response: 15 ips: 250 Hz to 7.5 kHz ±3 dB; 7.5 ips: 250 Hz to 5 kHz ±3 dB; 3.75 ips: 250 Hz to 2.5 kHz ±3 dB
- Distortion: Total Harmonic Distortion max. 0.3% (15 ips 1 kHz, 250 nWb/m, AMPEX 456)
- Crosstalk: min. 55 dB
- Depth of Erasure: min. 75 dB
- Test Oscillator: Sine wave, 1 kHz/10 kHz
- Bias Frequency: 133 kHz
- Erase Frequency: 122 kHz
- Dimensions: 525 x 430 x 275 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: Approx 70 lbs
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard or Amanda if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: https://www.paragonsns.com/product-category/preowned-specials/
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.