The sonicTransporter i5 replaces your desktop, laptop, Mac mini, etc... to provide the premier solution for those wanting more from their home computer audio experience.
With a simple to use web-based interface (no separate keyboard, mouse, or monitor), the sonicTransporter i5 will have you playing music across your network quickly and easily.
The sonicTransporter i5 runs Roon Server, HQPlayer (embedded), Squeezebox Server, Plex Media Server and MinimServer (DLNA server). Attach a USB drive full of music or a NAS and your music will be available to virtually any network player.
With an i5 processor and SSD (for your music database), the sonicTransporter i5 is perfect for lightning fast access to your music. Attach a Sonore Rendu series player to your USB DAC to have a complete digital transport solution.
The sonicTransporter i5 also works great with Sonos network speakers. Listen to your local music or iTunes music files on Sonos speakers at any time without ever turning on your home computer.
The sonicTransporter i5 is an exceptional Plex Media Server allowing users access to audio, video, and image content. Solve your media chaos with Plex.
Roon Server is preinstalled but you need to purchase a license from Roon Labs or take advantage of a free trial. The sonicTransporter i5 exceeds Roon Labs hardware specifications
If you want a simple all in one solution we also have the option of an internal SSD drive. See options above.
Music collection size
The sonicTransporter i5 is designed for a music library of 1 - 450K tracks. This includes Red Book audio, DSD, and Hi-Rez. If your music library is larger then 450K tracks we recommend a custom solution. Contact us for your music storage needs.
60 day Roon Trial
This product ships with a 60 day Roon free trial.
- 30 days to return any of our products, No Questions Asked...
- 1-year warranty on parts and labor
- Lifetime free technical support
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45
- USB: 2 x USB 3.0 ports and 2 x USB 2.0 ports only one can be used for a USB drive
- Power: 12VDC input
- Network Protocols: DLNA, Samba (Sonos® and others), Squeezebox®, Roon (RAAT)
- Web user interface for configuration from a web browser or table
- 2.25 x 5.25 x 6.75 in. (58 x 134 x 172 mm)
- 2.4 lbs (1 kg)
- 12v 5A power supply (120v - 220v) and power cord (US)
- 1m LAN cable
- 64GB SSD for server database (Roon Server, Squeezebox, DLNA) no local music storage.
- Optional internal storage for music library
- Compatible with any USB attached hard drive
- Compatible with almost any NAS (Synology, QNAP, Western Digital, Buffalo)
Power adapter requirements (if you want to provide your own):
- 12VDC at 3 amps
- 5.5mm OD x 2.5mm ID DC adapter jack (center positive)