Ayon Stealth DAC, a current Ayon product. I am original owner. Condition is excellent.
The Stealth is a state of the art DAC with DSD and hi resolution playback capability. The Stealth is also a top shelf analog tube preamplifier with analog volume control and analog inputs. A paragon of intelligent design choices. After adding the Stealth to my system I found the Audio Research Reference 5SE preamp was not needed. The Stealth provided all of the dimensionality, dynamics, and presence that I used the Ref 5 SE for. Has 3 analog inputs in addition to the full suite of digital inputs. From Ayon's Website:
The dual differential gain stage is composed of 2 high performance tubes per channel. The Stealth DAC features a vastly overrated, high capacity power supply for the analog output stage with tube “bridge” rectification, choke coupling and two oversized power transformers. The sound is powerful with fantastic bass speed, extraordinary dynamic, airy, detailed and holographic. A new vacuum tube based DAC star was born and offers an outstanding price/performance and value.
Full-featured Tube D/A converter
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Warm up function
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
- No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path )
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- High quality parts throughout
- Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
- Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
- Analog inputs
- All digital inputs
- Internal hardware PCM upsampler for CD sources to 24/192K (can be disabled)
- Native 192kHz PCM and DSDx128 conversion
- Ultra-low jitter internal clock generator
- USB input (24/192 asynchronous and DSD)
- signal to noise ratio >120dB
- 8 mono dacs
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a 6H30 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- 2 separate R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformer for digital & analog
- Tube rectification
- Choke – filtered power supply and coupled with special film caps
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transient separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start for tube
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- 10 separate voltage regulators
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
US sales only. I will split shipping fees with buyer. Payment by check. Paypal fees to be paid by buyer if used.