For sale is a three month old pair of the fantastic Omega Super Alnico High Output Monitors.
These custom speakers are finished is Claro walnut and internally wired with ZenWave Audio SMSG cable connected to Furutech binding posts. As confirmed by Louis at Omega, this wire and binding post upgrade ($600) makes a significant difference in the sound of the speakers.
I am the original owner and the speakers are in perfect condition.
After waiting two months for these beautiful speakers, we decided to travel for the next year. Therefore, I do not want these speakers to sit in storage for the next 12 months. My loss, your gain.
The following is from the Omega web-site:
The Super Alnico High Output Monitor builds on the mesmerizing performance of the cult object Super Alnico Monitor taking the legendary Omega sound to the next level.
The Super Alnico High Output Monitor is not a 2 way design, but a 1.5 way design.
What separates it from a 2 way design?
- The drivers are identical except for the dustcap of the low frequency (LF) driver.
- There is no power sucking, midrange muddying crossover.
- The LF driver is cut off at 200Hz, so there is no phase and time misalignment as in a two way speaker.
- The HF driver still functions as a single driver, single point source running full range.
- 2 drivers work less hard as 1 driver.
- Same combined surface area as a 9.5" single driver.
- Higher efficiency (97dB)
- More dynamic performance than a single driver.
- Will play louder than a single driver.
- Will handle more complex music than a single driver and is just as fast.
Twin Proprietary 6.5" Omega Alnico HempCones (1 whizzer, 1 dustcap)Frequency Response:
24"H x 10"W x 14"DWeight:
38 lbs. each in a shipping boxPower Requirements:
as little as 2 wattsCrossover:
None (coil for LF cutoff)
Sensitivity: 97 dB