Sonically, the performance of the Reference Phono 2 SE is transparent and vivid in its presentation. There is a master tape-like quality in which instruments stand in bold relief before a black background, with the space of the recording environment reproduced with uncanny realism.
About this unit
Fantastic condition trade-in Audio Research REF2 SE Phono Preamplifier featuring a black casing and silver faceplate. Preamp comes with owner's manual, remote control, and power cord. Unit does not come in original box, but will be professionally packed for shipping.
Preamp is rated 8/10 for minor cosmetic wear consistent with use, including two very small nicks on the top edge of the right side (see photos).SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency response: ± .2dB of RIAA, 10Hz to 60kHz: 3dB points below 0.3Hz and above 300kHz.
- Distortion (THD) .002% at 1.0V RMS 1kHz BAL output.
- Noise & hum: 0.22µV equivalent input noise, IHF weighted, shorted (Low Gain) input (73 dB below 1mV 1kHz input). 0.055µV equivalent input noise (High Gain) (65dB below 0.1mV 1kHz input).
- Gain: 45 dB (Low), 68dB (High) at 1 kHz (MC & MM compatible).
- Input impedance: 47K ohms and 100pF SE. Additional selectable loads: 1000, 500, 200, 100, 50 ohms and Custom. (Custom loading value is factory set at 47K ohms unless specified otherwise.)
- Output impedance: 200 ohms SE, 400 ohms balanced. Recommended load 50K-100K ohms and 100pF. (10K ohms minimum and 2000pF maximum.)
- Maximum inputs: 250mV RMS at 1kHz (680 mV RMS at 10kHz).
- Rated outputs: 0.5V RMS 10Hz to 20kHz, 100K ohm load (output capability is 40V RMS BAL output at ½% THD at 1kHz)
- Power supplies: Electronically-regulated low and high voltage supplies.
- Line regulation: better than .01%.
- Tube complement (4) 6H30 dual triodes, plus (1 each) 6H30, 6550C in power supply.
- Power requirements: 100-135VAC 60Hz (200-270VAC 50/60Hz) 140 watts maximum. 2W standby. Line fuse 5A SLO BLO (T2A SLO BLO 230V).
- Buttons: Front (6) Power, Input, Gain, Load, RIAA, Mute. Remote adds "hours" and "Display".
- Phono equalization: (Selectable) RIAA, Columbia, Decca.
- Polarity: Non-inverting.
- Dimensions: 19" (48 cm) W x 7" (17.8 cm) H (standard rack panel) x 15.5" (39.4 cm) D. Handles extend 1.5" (3.8 cm) forward of front panel.
- Weight 27 lbs. (12.3 kg) Net; 38 lbs. (17.3 kg) Shipping.
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: https://www.paragonsns.com/product-category/preowned-specials/