Van Den Hul MC D-501 Hybrid (Halogen Free) 1.2m Phono RCA-RCA interconnect Cable.
OTHER THAN PHONO APPLICATION, THIS CABLE COULD ALSO BE USED AS AN EXCELLENT INTERCONNECT CABLE FOR CD, DAC OR PREAMP.
I used this cable for about a year, before replacing it with Audioquest Wild, in order to have more synergy with rest of the system (AQ Sky and AQ Meteor).
This is the standard cable used in most recording studios and microphones so what you hear on recordings has gone through more than likely this cable in some part of the sonic chain as is taken from my SME V (gold print) tonearm.
The VAN DEN HUL D - 501 HYBRID is a cable with a very high shielding factor:
- The 2 signal lines are made each of 19 x 0.1 mm. very high grade OFC wires with the highest density of very pure silver coating.
- As an extra layer around the metal group, we use a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated coating.
- The signal line insulation with the colours white and yellow is made of cell-PE, so the stripping can even be done with your fingernails to prevent wire damage on the silver coated copper strands commonly caused by mechanical stripping.
- The resistance per signal lead is: 11.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 signal leads is: 75 pF/meter.
- Very flexible specially treated artificial fibres are used as a filler to prevent any harm caused by external humidity or chemicals.
- The shielding consists of 96 x 0.10 mm. wires of a high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with a dense and very pure silver coating and a LSC saturated helical tape.
- The resistance of the shielding is: 2.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The very flexible black outer jacket is made of migration-free HULLIFLEX ® to prevent any chemical deterioration over a long period.
- The type printing repeats every 25 cm. (10") to make cutting of specified lengths easy.
- The external cable diameter is: 4.5 mm.
Buyer pays PayPal fee and Shipping cost.