This is a nearly-new, nearly-mint example of this reference-level preamplifier from Canary Audio. Factory packing, manual, remote, and a $370 set of premium NOS tubes from Brent Jesse (receipt included).
I took it on trade for some speakers, and have drastically scaled-back my involvement in the hobby (I'm using an integrated amp), so am selling it.
Rating is conservative as it's more like 9/10.
The first photo is stock (obviously). I will completely unpack the units and take more photos if I don't have a sale within a couple months. You can trust my feedback.
Full specs and info from the Canary website (note that their site has a typo and refers to the preamp as the "C8000" in one spot. From the site:
"Two Chassis Design:
The C800 stereo preamplifier employs an advanced circuitry and high quality components to provide outstanding musical reproduction of your favorite music. Featuring an external power supply in a separate chassis to avoid undesirable electro-magnetic interference with the line stage.
Like our other products, the C800 is engineered and built to provide a lifetime of musical enjoyment. The circuitry components used in the C800 are carefully chosen and hand soldered on the military grade epoxy circuit boards. Even the DC power cable used to connect the line stage with the power supply was hand built by our engineers to meet our standard.
C800 Amplifier Features:
- Two chassis design with external power supply.
- Line stage featuring (4) military grade 6SN7 vacuum tubes.
- Matching external power supplly featuring (1) GZ34, (2) 6V6 and (1) 6SL7 vacuum tubes.
- Rectifier with double choke filtering (two chokes are employed).
- Custom EI power transformer.
- Five pair of RCA single-ended inputs and two pairs of RCA single-ended outputs.
- 120-step discrete relay attenuator for volume control.
- Large, easy-to-read dot matrix LED front panel display.
- All aluminum full function remote control.
- Input Impedance: 50,000 Ohms min,100,000 Ohms max
- Output Impedance: 1,200 Ohms
- Maximum Gain: 10.6 dB
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB from 5 Hz to 118,000 Hz
- Hum and Noise: -72 dB
- Maximum Output Voltage before Clipping: 45 Volts
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.01%
- Power Consumption: 65 Watts (true RMS)
- Tube Complement (C800-L): 4 x 6SN7
- Tube Complement (C800-P): 1 x GZ34
- 2 x 6V6
- 1 x 6SL7
- Dimensions: C800-L: 18.75" W x 14" D x 5.5" H
- C800-P: 18.75" W x 13" D x 5.5"H
- Net Weight: C800-L: 26 lbs
- C800-P: 32 lbs"
PayPal adds 3% unless Personal option used.