Please note this machine is the latest model with much improved transport mechanism which is much quieter than original versions. This unit also has the latest revisions to the tension board (Big for long term stability), latest revision Record and Playback cards with much better precision potentiometers for best calibration.
Mara HiFi Machines are the same electronics as the popular MCI JH110 1/4" machines from the 70-80s (Later bought by SONY), but offered in a smaller solid wood cabinet perfect for your living room.
This is a true HIGH END STUDIO GRADE machine offering a number of upgrades from standard JH110 machines, like rebuilt motors, quieter fans, new bearings, and Flux Magnetic repro heads - perfect for any audiophile play back and recording! We auditioned many other reel to reel machines and this is by far the best sounding playback machine in the market today.
The unit offered here has a second set of Flux Magnetic retro head with direct balanced outs for use with an external preamp head. Of course it also has a built in studio grade and world class built in preamp. Freshly calibrated to ATR tape 15ips, it can handle both EIC or NAB EQ at 7.5, 15 and 30 ips. Flux magnetic heads are brand new , record and erase heads are like new with very little wear. We have put approx. 60 hours of playback since we got it from MARA Studios.
This machine will ship in its specially made crate and weights approx 250lbs.
Email or call with any questions. [email protected]
or call 954-558-6846.
- Tape Width: 1/4” Half Track (2 track)
- Audio connections: XLR (Pin 2 Hot)
- Speeds: 7.5, 15 & 30 IPS (NAB & IEC)
- *Phase Locked Loop DC Capstan Controlled. Referenced To Fixed Crystal Oscillator or Variable VCO Output (Vari-Speed)
- Wow & Flutter: < .020% (30IPS) < .030% (15IPS) < .045% (7.5IPS)
- Long Term Speed Stability: Better than .02%
- Reel Sizes: 7 & 10.5”
- Tape Tension: 5 1/2 Ounces; Constant Tape Tension Throughout Reel
- Start Time: 900ms (30IPS) 500ms (15 & 7.5IPS)
- Rewind Time: 110 Seconds for 2500 Feet of Tape
- Frequency Range: 40Hz-28kHz (30IPS)
- 30Hz-24kHz (15IPS)
- Signal To Noise: 74dB (30IPS) 70dB (15 & 7.5IPS)
- Harmonic Distortion: (1kHz Fundamental @ 510nWb/m)
- 3rd Harmonic < .35% (30 IPS) < .52% (15IPS) <1.6% (7.5IPS)
- 2nd Harmonic < .10% (All Speeds)
- Bias Frequency: 120kHz