This is a very unique Integrated Tube Amplifier that has been designed to mimic the power and grace of the Aquatic Stingray. It is in very good condition and has been fully serviced by our technicians to ensure it is in working order.
- Separate left and right silver-contact select switches (for the four stereo line inputs) deliver your music into the premium Noble® balance and volume controls before hitting the first 12AT7 input tubes. The advantages of a passive preamp driving an extremely short and low capacitance two inches of cable are well known: near-absolute transparency, no added noise, and extreme signal path simplicity. This is the perfect place to implement a passive pre-amp as it were.
- Following the mighty 6414 driver/phase splitter, the trusty EL84 output stage can be switched between either around 20 watts of TRIODE or 40 watts of Ultra Linear mode push-pull operation. Individual bias for each tube is easily adjusted using the trimpots and test points, conveniently located on the top surface of the amplifier. The Stingray's power supply is extra-rugged and stiff, a MANLEY hallmark. It swims with the sharks: fast, agile, fluid, and with consummate authority.
- With the Stingray, the MANLEY team has struck a remarkably harmonious balance in design which satisfies the sonic desires of the audiophile and the rocker, the artist and the musician, the student and the master. We invite you to experience the stunning sonic quality and visual beauty of the Stingray personally.
- Output Tubes: 8 x EL84 Ships with Russian NOS EL84M (aka 6Pi14Pi-EB)
- Driver Tubes: 2 x 6414 Ships with GE or RAYTHEON JAN NOS USA or 6414W
- Input Tubes: 2 x 12AT7EH
- Ships with: 12AT7EH large plate Electro-Harmonix Russian
- Maximum Output Power UL mode: 40 Watts x 2 channels 1.5% THD @ 1kHz
- Maximum Output Power TRIODE mode: 20 Watts x 2 channels
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 40 kHz, -1dB
- Gain: 37 dB at max
- Volume Input Sensitivity: 185 mV in = 50 watts out into 5 Ohms
- Input Sensitivity Triode: 66mV in = 1W into 8 Ohms
- Input Sensitivity UL: 53mV in = 1W into 8 Ohms
- S/N Ratio: typically 87 dB A-WGT, 20Hz-20KHz
- Input Impedance: 50 kOhm nominal
- Optimum Speaker Load: 5 Ohms Actual
- Output Impedance: at 20Hz: 2.8 Ohms, at 100Hz: 2.6 Ohms, at 1KHz: 2 Ohms
- Damping Factor: 5
- Scratch Factor: Use pennies under pointed feet to avoid marring cabinetry.
- Power Consumption Idle: 200W
- Maximum Power Consumption at Full Power: 370W
- MAINS Fuses: 100~120VAC
- Operation: MDL 3 AMP / 250 Volt SLO-BLO 220~240VAC
- Operation: MDL 1.5 AMP / 250 Volt SLO-BLO B+
- FUSES (2): MDA 1/4 AMP, 250 Volt SLO-BLO, Ceramic. (Located internally)
- Power Supply: is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage: changeable with power transformer re-wiring on PCB and fuse value change.
- Power Cord: Detachable IEC standard
Decibel Audio is a retail store and custom installation business in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago. We have serviced the Chicagoland area with new, used and vintage equipment for over 20 years. Visit our brick and mortar store at 1429 N Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622.
We are Authorized Dealers for Audioquest, Benz Micro, Cambridge Audio, Cary Audio, Clearaudio, Creek, Crestron, Denon, Draper Screens, Dynaudio, Epos, Goldring, Grado, Harbeth, Jolida, Music Hall, James Loudspeaker, KEF, Marantz, Parasound, Pro-Ject, PS Audio, Plateau, Rega, Rogue Audio, Russound, SONOS, Stewart Filmscreen, Samsung, Skylan, Yamaha, and more.
All shipping is via UPS ground unless other arrangements are made. Buyer is responsible for reviewing cosmetic condition detailed in photos before bidding. You are welcome to pay with Visa, MC, Checks, Discover, Diners, AmEx, Etc. We prefer Paypal for international bidders. Local customers are welcome to view and pick up auction items during store hours. Illinois residents please add 10.25% sales tax.