Schoeps CMC 5 Microphone Summary:
- Powering voltage: 48V
- Current consumption: 4 mA
- Low-cut frequency: 30Hz
- Maximum output voltage: 1V
- Minimum recommended load impedance: 600 ohms
Pickup pattern: Omnidirectional
Frequency range: 20 Hz - 28 kHz with CMC 6 / CMR, 20 Hz - 40 kHz with CMC 6xt
Sensitivity: -35.5 dB (V/Pa), 17 mV/Pa with CMC 6
Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 10 dB with CMC 6
Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 23 dB with CMC 6
Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 84 dB with CMC 6
Maximum sound pressure level (THD < 0.5 %): 130 dB-SPL with CMC 6
Length: 22 mm
Diameter: 20 mm
Weight: 17 g
- linear frequency response at 0° (free-field equalized)
- for placement in close proximity to sound source
- preferred usage: close-miking instruments
The linear frequency response of the MK 2 with respect to frontally incident sound waves results in a very natural sound for near-field recordings (i.e. in close proximity to the sound source).
This capsule can be set up very close to the sound source without sounding too brilliant or harsh.
This microphone has been used frequently. It has been tested at the time of listing for sound quality/noise prevalence and is in good condition.