The sound from these speakers is nothing short of spectacular. If you
have heard Bowers and Wilkins 800 series Diamond speakers before, you
know their magic.If you haven't, you must hear them to understand the
difference. The treble notes are absolutely pure, the mid range sings
because of the patented Kevlar fabric, and the bass notes are tight
and distinctive like you've never heard before. No need for a sub
woofer with these speakers; it'd probably just make the bass muddy.
These woofers go low. The sound field fills the room even at low
volumes. The three-dimensional sound will astound you. You'll swear
there are drums to your right even though there are just two speakers
in front of you. These are audiophile speakers and they are magical.
The next step up are the bigger brothers to these, the B&W 803s
and 802s that cost thousands more and except at much louder levels,
sound almost the same as these 804 Diamonds. Do not confuse the 804
Matrix or 804 Nautilus series with these 804 Diamond speakers, which
These speakers are glossy piano black, in like-new condition: no scratches,
perfect speakers and grills. They've been in a non-smoking,
non-allergenic house. Original boxes. Spiked, metal feet only. The
real speakers are shown in the photos. I have additional photos. What
you see is what you'll get.
They look amazing and they sound unbelievable. You'll hear things on your
CDs you've never heard before. You'll hear EVERY detail, every note,
every string strummed, even the faintest of echoes. If music has ever
given you goose bumps, you will find yourself in front of these
speakers for hours at a time. But don't take my word for it. Read
and go to a B&W dealer, audition them there and then purchase
them here. These speakers are flawless and unlike any other speaker
you've experienced. Until you've heard them, it's hard to describe
what you've been missing. It's like listening to a song on AM radio
and then on FM radio: same song, completely different experience.
These near-mint pair of Bowers and Wilkins 804 Diamond D2 floor-standing
speakers are the recipient of the top 5-star reference ratings around
the world. Shipping to continental US only.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: Insurance will be added to the shipping cost to assure the safe delivery of the speakers. The speakers come in separate boxes.
Questions? Please ask.
Read a review here:
- Free-mounted diamond dome tweeter, Nautilus™ tube tweeter loading,Quad magnet
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST™ midrange,
- Rohacell® cone bass,
- Dual magnet bass driver motor, Matrix™cabinet,
- Description: 3-way, vented-box system
- Drive units: 1x25mm (1 in) diamond dome h/f, 1x 150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar®
FST™mid, 2x 165mm (6.5 in) Rohacell® bass
- Frequency range: -6dB at 30Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 38Hz - 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 60º arc,
Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 90Hz -100kHz,
<0.5% 120Hz - 100kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3Ω)
- Crossover frequency: 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 50W - 200W into 8Ω on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1Ω
- Dimensions: Height: 1020mm (40.2 in) (not including feet), Width: 238mm (9.4 in),
Depth: 351mm (13.8 in)
- Finish: Piano Black Gloss