Building on the success of the Trends TA-10 Series, new Trends TA-10.2 delivers Trends Audio stellar performance in a high end system. Besides applied Tripath's class-T technology and unique TA2024 IC, Trends TA-10.2 also put much effort and applied much proprietary techniques into the circuit design, components matching, sound tuning and even Re-organized the sockets layout of the back panel which provides a more convenient audio cable and speaker cable connections. Additionally, it applied the lowest LSR & highest ripple current Rubycon MCZ series tank capacitors as the power filtering capacitor which best suit the switching PWM characteristic of class T (class-D) amplifier.
The mini-size Class-T stereo amplifier TA-10.2 SE is providing up to 2x15W output with the bundled 4A AC power supply unit. Trends TA-10.2 SE performs very like Class-AB amplifiers with high fidelity and warm sound. Yet, its power efficiency and physical size is just like Class-D amplifiers. Even it's maximum output power is only 2x15W, TA-10.2 SE is actually powerful to push even the floor-stand speakers with sufficient and good control of bass sound.
Features - applied the proprietary T-amp technology for audiophile quality sound, high power efficiency (90%) and less heat generation
- compact design (mini-size & light weight), easy portable and setup
- provide up to 2x15W output
- an AC adaptor is bundled for continuous power supply.
- separated amplifier & AC adaptor design to minimize mutual interference and flexible to apply other power sources, e.g. lead-acid battery.
- standard gold-plated audio and speaker sockets used to be compatible with most audiophile quality cables.
- applied the specially designed audiophile-grade “Trends” MKP capacitors as audio input coupling capacitor which guarantee the best original audio signal feed into the amplifier.
- applied the lowest LSR & highest ripple current Rubycon MCZ series tank capacitors as the power filtering capacitor which best suit the switching PWM characteristic of class T (class-D) amplifier.
- applied the smaller yet better quality ALPS 9mm sealed volume pot which provide better sound in the volume control.
- provided the option of TA-10.2P (Power Amplifier edition) which cancelled the volume pot and simplified the front panel for those who always apply it with Trends PA-10 or other pre-amplifier for audio selection & volume control.
- Re-organized the sockets layout of the back panel which provides a more convenient audio cable and speaker cable connections.
- enhanced the chassis with beautiful satin finish and smarter black/white contrast.
- the DC bias between speaker terminals can be offset (close to ±0mV) by adjusting the potentiometers (factory pre-set). It suppresses the "pop" sound when power on/off and also increase the sound purity.
- option to work as a pure power amp by simply reset jumpers to by-pass the volume controlling circuit
- built-in over-current protection
- built-in over-temperation protection
- audiophile-graded parts and components
- air-core inductor used (instead of magnetic-core) for better sound
- the stylish & specially-plated aluminium case provides not only good-looking, and also provides outstanding shielding capability.
Here's what industry experts are saying about Trends TA-10.2 Class-T Stereo Audio Amplifier:
"Blue Moon Award for demystifying the high-end halo and bringing music back to earth... ", David Kan at 6moons.com.
"Making High Resolution Available to Everyone", Paul Szabady at Stereotimes.com
“Congratulations ! As winner of the INTEGRATED AMP shootout The TRENDS MICRO TA 10 is awarded our 'MAXIMUM MOJO AWARD”, James L. Darby at Stereomojo.com
"a taste of the high end, and at a ridiculously low price...", Roger Kanno at GoodSound.com.
"The little Trends amp surprised the hell out of me", Stephen Mejias at Stereophile.com
"this amplifier can be the heart of any high-end system...Recommended? No, you simply must have one", Lucio Cadeddu at TNT-audio.com
"Why not hook up a $189 dollar amplifier to a six-figure system? Very big sound in that small box", Jeff Dorgay at TONE Audio Magazine
visit http://wwww.TrendsAudio.com for more product information and reviews.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Item can be returned within 30 days of receipt.
Items must be returned in their original condition, with all included packing materials and no signs of use. Buyer assumes responsibility for all shipping return costs unless the item was not received as described.
Buyer will receive a full refund in the original payment method less any shipping charges.