Almost NOS Sound Valves VTA 70 tube amp and VTP 100 tube preamplifier with phono.
Here is the story; I bought this amp about 9 years ago as NOS. It arrived perfectly sealed, so I opened and tested it. Found two bad tubes. Brought it to my tech and he cleaned it and installed two Tesla cool blue EL 34 tubes to go with the NOS Tesla tubes. About two years ago I pulled it out and installed a matched quad of Mullard EL 34 Cryo's. The amp and tubes probably have about 30 hours total on them. Henceforth, the "almost NOS" claim. Sound Valves was a quality company and this amp is like the upgraded version of the Dynaco VTA 70. It has great reviews if you can find them, Very musical and punchy amp boasting 35 watts per channel tube power. This amp also has 4-8-16 ohm taps.
The VTP 100 preamp is NOT NOS and I have had it for some time but has only seen about 500 hours use in its lifetime. Pulled it out 9 years ago and had it cleaned and serviced. Installed 6 JAN Phillips 5751 tubes in it. The Phillips tubes have about 10 hours on them. I switched form the original Sovtek 12 AX7 tubes which are included in the sale. The reason for the tube roll was to tone down the gain somewhat. This preamp has high gain and I wanted to get a couple more clicks out of the attenuator. It did the trick. It has a fabulous phono section built in that takes MM or MC. Great combination. At the end of the story, just lost interest as we all do with this hobby. Equipment works perfectly.
Summary of what's included:
- Mint (and I mean mint) Sound Valves VTA 70 amplifier with double original packaging, manual, and bias tool. Bias is simple with this amp. Done on the front panel with a set pot and the led lights.
- Original Tesla EL 37 tubes (two blue and two NOS clear).
- Installed new Mullard Cryogenic treated EL 34 tu8bes.
- Original owners manual, factory packaging, and bias tool.
- Sound Valves VTP 100 preamplifier (8/10) Audiogon cosmetic rating. Installed (6) JAN Phillips 5751 tubes.
- Original (6) Sovtek 12AX7 tubes.
- DOES NOT have original packaging but will be well packed for shipment.
I will charge only the exact shipping costs. Pay Pal fees add 3% to purchase price. Please wait until I invoice you to make payment.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.