Newest Generation (2nd gen) WA7 Fireflies Headphone Amplifier/DAC with the highest performance tube power supply upgrade and extra tubes. Black. Excellent condition, everything works and sounds great.
Woo WA7 information:
- Includes stock tubes and updated tubes: Stock tubes: Sovtek 6C45 (2x), RCA 5963/12/AU7 (2x)
- Upgraded audio tubes: 6C45 Electro Harmonix Gold-Pin ($100 value)
More Woo Audio WA7 information: https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa7
- The Woo Audio WA7 “Fireflies” Amp/DAC is a combination of high performance vacuum tube headphone amplifier with a built-in USB Digital-to-Analog Converter. It is a pure tube design, utilizing 6C45 tubes in a class-A, single-ended topology, with transformer coupled outputs. There are no semiconductors used in the entire amplification path. The D/A converter is designed to be capable of up to 24-bit/384k sampling rates. This maintains pure data integrity, which is transmitted via standard high speed USB 2.0 interface operating in asynchronous mode.
- The high quality construction features include a pair of Nickel Alloy core output transformers, all-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles, a remote-controlled linear external power supply for amplification circuitries, a custom built toroidal power transformer, and multi-layer military grade PCBs.
- The dedicated port for in-ear-monitors carries a full range of volume controls ensuring minimal noise. Despite its incredibly compact size, “Fireflies” is a power-house with the capacity to drive almost any demanding audiophile headphones. To accommodate different system setup needs, “Fireflies” can also be used as a stand-alone D-A Converter.
- Updated to 2nd generation in March 2016
- Tubes: 6C45 driver/power 2, 12AU7/5963 rectifier x 2 with WA7tp upgrade
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tube sockets
- Singled-ended Triode, Class-A, Transformer-coupled
- ESS SABRE 24 bit, 384kHz DAC
- XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous USB compatible with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices (with Apple CCK or Android OTG adapter)
- High-retention USB connector x 1
- RCA analog Input x 1
- 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo headphone output (8–600 Ohms)
- 1/8” (3.5mm) stereo headphone output (for ultra-sensitive IEMs )
- Linear solid state power supply OR upgrade to WA7tp (tube power supply) Anodized aluminum chassis, available in black or silver
- Self-biasing with compatible tubes [chart]
- Dimensions: WA7 amp with glass: 5 ¼" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6" (D) 8.6
lbs. with glass, Solid state power supply: 2.2" (H) x 3.5" W x
7" (D) 2.8 lbs., WA7tp with glass: 5 ¼" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6"
(D) 9.4 lbs.
- Global voltage (100v–240v) without converter