Newest Generation (2nd gen) WA7 Fireflies Headphone Amplifier/DAC with the highest performance tube power supply upgrade and extra tubes. Black. Excellent condition, everything works and sounds great.
Woo WA7 information:
- Includes stock tubes and updated tubes: Stock tubes: Sovtek 6C45 (2x), RCA 5963/12/AU7 (2x)
- Upgraded audio tubes: 6C45 Electro Harmonix Gold-Pin ($100 value)
More Woo Audio WA7 information: https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa7
- The Woo Audio WA7 “Fireflies” Amp/DAC is a combination of high performance vacuum tube headphone amplifier with a built-in USB Digital-to-Analog Converter. It is a pure tube design, utilizing 6C45 tubes in a class-A, single-ended topology, with transformer coupled outputs. There are no semiconductors used in the entire amplification path. The D/A converter is designed to be capable of up to 24-bit/384k sampling rates. This maintains pure data integrity, which is transmitted via standard high speed USB 2.0 interface operating in asynchronous mode.
- The high quality construction features include a pair of Nickel Alloy core output transformers, all-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles, a remote-controlled linear external power supply for amplification circuitries, a custom built toroidal power transformer, and multi-layer military grade PCBs.
- The dedicated port for in-ear-monitors carries a full range of volume controls ensuring minimal noise. Despite its incredibly compact size, “Fireflies” is a power-house with the capacity to drive almost any demanding audiophile headphones. To accommodate different system setup needs, “Fireflies” can also be used as a stand-alone D-A Converter.
- Updated to 2nd generation in March 2016
- Tubes: 6C45 driver/power 2, 12AU7/5963 rectifier x 2 with WA7tp upgrade
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tube sockets
- Singled-ended Triode, Class-A, Transformer-coupled
- ESS SABRE 24 bit, 384kHz DAC
- XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous USB compatible with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices (with Apple CCK or Android OTG adapter)
- High-retention USB connector x 1
- RCA analog Input x 1
- 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo headphone output (8–600 Ohms)
- 1/8” (3.5mm) stereo headphone output (for ultra-sensitive IEMs )
- Linear solid state power supply OR upgrade to WA7tp (tube power supply) Anodized aluminum chassis, available in black or silver
- Self-biasing with compatible tubes [chart]
- Dimensions: WA7 amp with glass: 5 ¼" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6" (D) 8.6
lbs. with glass, Solid state power supply: 2.2" (H) x 3.5" W x
7" (D) 2.8 lbs., WA7tp with glass: 5 ¼" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6"
(D) 9.4 lbs.
- Global voltage (100v–240v) without converter
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Item can be returned within 7 days of receipt.
Items must be returned in their original condition, with all included packing materials and no signs of use. Buyer assumes responsibility for all shipping return costs unless the item was not received as described.
Buyer will receive a full refund in the original payment method less any shipping charges.