New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).
Duration: Double LP (2LPs)
Record Grading: Mint (M) Release Date: 05/27/2008
Sleeve Grading: Mint (M) Record Label: Real World Records
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States UPC: 884108014813
Special Attributes: 180 - 220 gram, 1st Edition, Colored Vinyl, Limited Edition, 45 RPM, Edition size - 1000 copies
Release Year: 2008
Genre: Rock Speed: 45RPM
Style: Acoustic, Alternative/Indie, Folk/Country Rock, Singer-Songwriter Record Size: 12"
Detailed item info
Artist: Big Blue Ball
Release Year: 2008
Record Label: Real World Records
Genre: Electronic, Electronica
1. Whole Thing [Original Mix] - Alex Faku/Big Blue Ball/Francis Bebey/Karl Wallinger/Andy White/Peter Gabriel/Tim Finn (Original Mix)
2. Habibe - Big Blue Ball/Natacha Atlas/Hossam Ramzy/Neil Sparkes
3. Shadow - Juan Cañizares/Big Blue Ball/Papa Wemba
4. Altus Silva - Big Blue Ball/Deep Forest/Iarla O Lionáird/James McNally/Joseph Arthur/Ronan Browne/Vernon Reid
5. Exit Through You - Big Blue Ball/Joseph Arthur/Karl Wallinger/Peter Gabriel
6. Everything Comes From You - Big Blue Ball/Guo Yue/Joji Hirota/Sevara Nazarkhan/Sinéad O'Connor/Richard Evans
7. Burn You Up, Burn You Down - Arona N'diaye/Big Blue Ball/Jah Wobble/Peter Gabriel/The Holmes Brothers/Wendy Melvoin/Billy Cobham
8. Forest - Arona N'diaye/Big Blue Ball/Hukwe Zawose/Lévon Minassian/Vernon Reid
9. Rivers - Big Blue Ball/Karl Wallinger/Márta Sebestyén/Vernon Reid
10. Jijy - Arona N'diaye/Big Blue Ball/Jah Wobble/Rossy
11. Big Blue Ball - Big Blue Ball/Karl Wallinger/Manu Katche/Peter Gabriel
Distributor: Ryko Distribution
Recording Type: Studio
Recording Mode: Stereo
SPAR Code: n/a
BIG BLUE BALL is an ongoing collaboration shepherded by Peter Gabriel, World Party leader Karl Wallinger, and producer Stephen Hague. The basic tracks for these 11 songs were recorded at Gabriel's Real World studios between 1991 and 1995, during week-long sessions with special guests, including Sinead O'Connor, Tim Finn, Marta Sebestyen, Papa Wemba, Jah Wobble, gospel group the Holmes Brothers, members of Living Colour, Afro Celt Sound System, and dozens of other American, European, Asian, and African musicians. Pieced together and remixed in the 13 years following the last of these sessions, BIG BLUE BALL still sounds primarily like a Gabriel and Wallinger collaboration, with those singer-songwriters' eclectic sensibilities prevailing, although the guest singers and musicians are fully represented as well. BIG BLUE BALL is available as a digital download, a standard CD, a deluxe CD with enhanced packaging, and a vinyl LP.
BBB's voices and instruments float in and out of the 11 songs like fragments of conversations pieced together to create poems.
Portions of this page Copyright 1948 - 2017 Muze Inc. All rights reserved.