- Offered for sale to the discerning audiophiles seeking the very best in multi-channel audio is this extremely rare collectible masterpiece in NEW condition.
- THIS UNIT CAME DIRECTLY FROM JIM FOSGATE'S OWN PERSONAL COLLECTION!
- The factory box is opened only for testing as the unit was built in 2005 and it sat unused all these years
- THIS UNIT IS OFFERED ON SALE ON AUDIOGON AS WELL AS US AUDIOMART WITH PRICING TO REFLECT THE TRANSACTION UPCHARGE FOR EACH SITE.....PLEASE REVIEW BOTH SITES BEFORE MAKING AN OFFER!
- This is a very special preamp for the multichannel purists who value the uniquely satisfying attributes of multichannel audio..... Please read the Absolute Sound and Stereophile magazine reviews as well as the manual below
- This is an amazingly versatile all analog tube based Preamplifier with the following capabilities, (take a look at the back panel picture)
- High resolution 2 channel preamp with multiple inputs
- High resolution 7.1 channel preamp with 7.1 channel input / pass through for listening to SACD, DVD-Audio and Bluray sources
- Best of all.....it converts 2 channel audio into 7.1 output using all analog tube based multi-channel processing.....listen to your Stereo CDs, phono records in glorious multi channel audio with adjustable all analog tube based surround processing and modes
- For all the Stereo - 2 channel only audiophiles out there.....once you experience multi channel surround sound through this statement preamplifier you will be a multi-channel convert, it may spoil you forever.
- PLEASE CALL ME AT 248-520-8628 TO DISCUSS FURTHER AND DEMO LISTENING High quality implementation of a multi-channel system requires research, higher investment and calibration.....once implemented right.....with this unit as the heart of the system, you will never go back to 2 channel.....stereo seems flat with collapsed soundstage!
- An Introduction for the FAP V1 by Jim Fosgate: "The FAP V1 has been designed with a "no compromise all tube" analogue audio path."Jim Fosgate
- I have been a dedicated tube listener for the past 23 years, and have long dreamed of a Surround Processor that could convert my precious two-channel stereo recordings to glorious three dimensional"surround sound" while maintaining the sound of tubes. The FAP V1 has been designed with a "no compromise all tube" analogue audio path, and no "solid state" or "digital" sound is added to the audio signal. Now it is possible for a tube listener to hear stereo recordings reproduced in true "surround sound". This product is the culmination of nearly 25 years of surround sound circuit design.I work exclusively in the "analogue domain" and believe it or not, the first working ProLogic II Prototype bread board unit was an "all tube audio path" design with 22 tubes. The circuit was later reproduced in"Solid State form" and analyzed by the engineers at Dolby who converted it to "Digital". Digital circuitry is employed in practically every audio product these days because of low production cost, high reliability,and repeatability. Digital circuits can sound great, but some listeners including myself still prefer the sound of good old tube analogue to anything else.I have built a number of tube prototypes over the years from a simple five tube passive matrix design,to the 22 tube beast mentioned above, which was not a practical design for manufacturing! The final version, the FAP V1, is down to 10 tubes including the power supply rectifier. It uses solid-state circuitry for the steering logic, and tubes for the complete audio path. "Steering Logic" is the industry term that describes the circuitry used for "cross talk cancellation" to obtain a high degree of channel separation. In the FAP V1 the tubes are passing the audio signals from the input to the output. The solid-state devices are used in the steering logic section and are part of the "cancellation circuitry". These circuits are removing certain information from the appropriate channels to control channel separation. I have found that when solid-state circuitry is used in this manor it does not impart any solid-state sound to the audio path what so ever. There have been other surround processors that have claimed to be tube units but some-where inside there has always been some digital and /or solid-state circuits that the audio signals must travel through, making the audio path a hybrid design with a combination of tubes and solid-state devices. The FAP V1 is the only true analogue (non digital) PL II surround processor designed for the home, and the only surround processor with an all tube audio path from input to output.Throughout this manual, you will see comments by Jim Fosgate about the features, settings, adjustments and considerations when setting up your unit in your home. We hope these will help you in creating asystem and "sound" that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.An example of one of these comments;* Digital circuits can sound great, but some listeners, including myself, still prefer the sound of good oldtube analogue to anything else. Excerpt from Absolute sound review..... Fosgate FAP V1 ($13,000) Most people don’t know that Jim Fosgate was designing and building multichannel audio products and surround- sound decoders for more than a decade before home-theater became a household word. In fact, he did much of the design work for Dolby Labs on the original Dolby Surround format back in the 1970s, and contributed his design expertise to the new Dolby Pro Logic II decoding. That history, along with a strong high-end aesthetic, is embodied in the limited-edition Fosgate FAP V1, by far the tweakiest multichannel product on the market. Fosgate has taken a different approach in the FAP V1, combining useful home-theater features with highend music capability for stereo and multichannel music. The FAP V1 has an all-tubed signal path and offers one eight-channel input as well as eight stereo inputs. The eight-channel input can accept the analog output from an SACD or DVD-A player; alternately, a DVD player with a built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoder can feed this input for discrete, multichannel surround sound. This input can also be fed by the six (or eight) line-level outputs from a digital controller. A Dolby Pro Logic II decoder, implemented in the analog domain, can be invoked on any of the other eight inputs for listening to two-channel sources in multichannel. This PL II decoder is bypassed for signals fed to the multichannel inputs; those signals are sent directly to the FAP V1’s volume control. Front-panel controls adjust the PL II decoder for Center Width and Dimension. Rear-panel switches engage high-pass filters for the front, center, and surround channels independently (80Hz). A surround and surround back low-pass filter at 8kHz can be invoked on those channels (which increases the apparent channel separation in Pro Logic decoding). Another rear-panel switch engages a noise signal for calibrating individual channel levels. This feature set is unique. Although the FAP V1 accepts only one multichannel source, the inclusion of PL II decoding, bass management (the switchable high-pass filters), and an alltube signal path give the product more functionality for home-theater users, yet simultaneously offer potentially super high-end performance for stereo and multichannel music. The FAP V1’s execution is stunning; the chassis is copper-plated aluminum mounted in a cabinet of bubinga and wenge wood. Each unit is hand numbered and signed by Jim Fosgate.
- Stereophile review at the link below..... http://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/604fosgate/ https://www.manualslib.com/manual/808063/Fosgate-Audionics-Fap-V1.html
- SELLING ONLY DUE TO DOWNSIZING.....HAVE MORE THAN ONE OF THESE PRECIOUS COLLECTIBLES
- Will ship in factory packaging for safe shipment using FEDEX ground fully insured for the purchase price
- PAYPAL FEE - $276 VALUE IS INCLUDED FEDEX GROUND FULLY INSURED SHIPPING IN THE CONTINENTAL US - $200 VALUE IS INCLUDED
- Please contact me with any questions you may have at 248-520-8628 In excellent condition with all the original accessories, manual, box etc....
- Buy with confidence from a long term audiophile who thoroughly enjoys all things AUDIO with excellent flawless feedback on Audiogon and US Audio Mart.
- PLEASE NOTE - I will be listing this posting on BOTH sites and reserve the right to end the posting as soon as the unit gets sold!
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.