I have for sale a top-of-the-line Vandersteen Reference Center Channel Speaker, the model VCC-5 in walnut finish and in excellent condition. Serial number is 1100. There are no scratches, dings, tears or rips. These list for $2,300 new.
Asking $995, with buyer paying any PayPal fees and shipping charges. Includes the speaker and original owner's manual. I do not have the original packing materials anymore, so I would strongly prefer local pickup (I am in Warren County, NJ).
Thanks for looking!
From the Vandersteen website. The VCC- 5 is a three-way design based on the VCC- 1, but with the addition of two (2) 6.5-inch cast-basket woofers. These woofers are internally mounted and cross over at 150Hz to the coaxial system, which has a crossover frequency of 3500Hz. A true “triaxial” output is achieved by channeling bass around the midrange-tweeter coaxial array. This eliminates the severe comb filter lobing produced by horizontally displaced drivers. The result is reference-level performance, both in measurement and sound, regardless of off-axis perspective above, below or to the right or left of the speaker. While not an easy design goal to meet, we feel this property is mandatory for a proper center speaker and it is found in all of our VCC’s. The VCC- 5 Reference preserves the coherence of the VCC-1 Signature and VCC-2 while broadening frequency extension, lowering distortion and increasing power handling.
* FREQUENCY RESPONSE 50Hz to 30kHz + or – 2dB.
* SENSITIVITY 85dB at 1 meter with a 2.83 volt input.
* RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER 60 to 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
* IMPEDANCE 6ohms, nominal, 4 ohms minimum.
* CROSSOVER 150Hz, 3500Hz, 6dB per octave.
* PHASE All the drivers are connected in positive absolute phase.
* DIMENSIONS 24" X 93/4" X 18" Deep, 68lbs. Net 76lbs. Gross