Bryston's first turntable followed the tradition of all their gear: High End performance at prices that are way lower than they should be!
To create the BLP-1, Bryston contracted Italian turntable manufacturer Gold Note, to manufacture to Bryston specs the table and platter. That was combined with a sweet German made arm and then finished with a Bryston designed and manufactured power supply and speed controller.
This particular unit has been unboxed and sat on a shelf for display, but never had a cartridge installed or even plugged in.
- Tonearm featuring a seven-segment titanium arm tube with
integrated headshell, is virtually immune to cantilever borne vibration
- Belt drive with an on-board PWM synchronous low speed / high
torque motor achieves perfect belt tension and coupling to the platter
without added noise
- Dense 35mm thick Delrin® platter with integrated record mat, damps non-musical vibration yet preserves incredible detail
- Innovative hardened carbon-steel spindle and ultra hard bronze bearing polished to 0.02mm tolerance
- Unique vented plinth both eliminates platter turbulence and prevents vibration from reaching the bearing
- Thick low-resonance acrylic dust cover
As a Bryston dealer, purchaser will receive full 3 year manufacturer's warranty. Shipping to continental US only
More info can be found at http://bryston.com/products/phono/BLP-1.html