Ex N. American distributor selling off demo unit. Merging PL8 Multichannel (8) NADAC+ Player (requires the purchase of a Roon subscription). Limited warranty for one year for parts and labor. Contact On A Higher Note for additional information.
MERGING+PLAYER restores the concept of audiophile music server and makes your life simple again. The combination of a great music player and a great sounding DAC allows you to access your music library from a tablet and connect directly to your amplifier or listen on headphones with pure sound.
MERGING+NADAC and MERGING+PLAYER share the exact same audio specifications and features as described below.
MQA compatible, MERGING+PLAYER enjoys an additional CPU that allows running RoonCore on Linux RoonOS and implements a Roon Endpoint. It connects internally through Ravenna to the MERGING+NADAC hardware and enjoys then the exact same characteristics and flexibility as an external computer running Roon. It does require a Roon subscription.
The 8 channel version of the Merging Player can be set at any time to operate in 8 discrete channel mode, or stereo mode to enjoy the same advantages of merging 8 into to 2 channels as the stereo version.
The 8 channel version of the MERGING+PLAYER can be set at any time to operate in 8 discrete channel mode, or stereo mode to enjoy the same advantages of merging 8 into to 2 channels as the stereo version. Requires the purchase of a Roon subscription.
- 8 Balanced on 3-pin male XLR
- 8 Unbalanced RCA Phono connectors
- Separate headphone sockets with 1/4″ jack and mini-jack ( when connected to a network, the headphones and main outputs may be driven by different source if required)
- Ethernet (RAVENNA/AES67) on RJ45 connector. Accepts 44.1kHz – 384kHz PCM, DXD, DSD 64, DSD128, DSD256
- Connects from the computer using standard ASIO on Windows and CoreAudio on Mac
- Allows cable runs up to 100m on a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable, with possible repeaters, hubs or switches
- Asynchronous communication. The Merging NADAC controls the rate at which the digital audio data is sent to the DAC, not the computer or the player
- Ultra-precise communication clocking driven by the DAC…. Precision Time Protocol is at the heart of RAVENNA, ensuring a clock resolution of one nanosecond
- AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connector (44.1kHz – 192kHz PCM)
- SPDIF Optical on Toslink connector (44.1kHz – 96kHz PCM)
- SPDIF Coaxial on RCA Phono (44.1kHz – 96kHz PCM)
- Word Clock Input. BNC connector
- DC Power Supply Input
Front Panel Controls
- Volume adjustment using the front panel rotary control
- Main output and the headphone output levels may be independently adjusted
- Two headphone sockets for connecting any headphones without adapters
- Headphones can listen to any available inputs, or external network sources
- Simple and ergonomic menu selected by the front panel rotary control
- Easy source selection between the digital inputs and the computer sources available on the network
- Intuitive menu hierarchy
- Multilanguage user interface
Universal remote control
Web-based remote control of menu functions and volume. Any web enabled smartphone, tablet or computer can control the listening level and the source selection of any Merging Player on the network. This allows you to remotely control any Merging Player in any zones in your building with a unique remote control: your phone or tablet.
PayPal or C.C. + 3.5%.
CA residents will need to pay sales tax.
Please do not hesitate to contact On A Higher Note with any questions or high resolution images