A pair of stacked Quad ESL-57 electrostatic speakers on Sound Anchor Stands.
Function perfectly and in good cosmetic condition. Professionally rebuilt to the highest standards by Kent McCollum at ElectroStatic Solutions in 2016 (not sure of the month, 3-yr transferable warranty). Stands are adjustable for both height and tilt. One back-panel indicator light has a burnt-out bulb. Provided with the following accessories (see photos):
- Stand includes mounted (removable) electrical box with hospital grade duplex outlets and captive 12' power cable.
- High-quality, custom power cables to run from box to each Quad IEC
- All power cables use high quality connectors and 12-gage wire.
- Jumper cables between upper and lower Quad to support both series and parallel operation.
- DIY mounts for Townshend Super Tweeters (tweeters not included) – I never got around to painting these black.
- Optional (removable) clamping struts mounted on the top and bottom of the inner frames.
I have always loved stacked Quads, and these sound stunning. Unfortunately my listening room is not well suited for dipole speakers of any kind (sigh).
I live in Port Townsend WA. I have original Quad boxes, but prefer not to ship these speakers. If shipping is negotiated, buyer will pay for any needed packing materials (bubble wrap for Quads), and palletized shipping is required. No offer will be accepted until shipping details are fully understood and agreed on between parties.
I AM willing to deliver within 100 miles of Seattle. Each stack is held together by a thick aluminum inner frame, which can be removed from the steel Sound Anchor stands, which can be further disassembled. The whole setup can be transported in an SUV or any vehicle with a minimum of 5' front-to-back cargo space.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Peter
PS: If payment is made with Paypal, buyer pays fees.