For sale is Mark Levinson No.512 CD/SACD Player.
- The Nº 512 represents the state-of-the-art in CD playback. Its breathtaking transparency and detail reveal more than you ever knew your CDs contained. Further, the Nº 512 offers the finest in two-channel SACD playback for even greater dynamic range and natural sound.
- In the Nº 512 , Mark Levinson engineers devised a proprietary anti-jitter technique employing a memory buffer and a Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) circuit. After the transport reads and decodes the digital steam, it is sent to a memory bank that stores it temporarily. The DDS circuit then accurately reclocks the output of the memory bank. By placing a buffer between the player’s transport and the rest of the digital circuitry and reclocking the signal, any jitter introduced by the transport itself is effectively removed, and the remainder of the digital path is slaved to the master clock. This ensures jitter is kept to a minimum, and that only one clock controls the internal timing of digital signals.
- In the Nº 512 , extremely high-quality 24-bit D/A converters in differential or dual mode are used. In addition, the D/A converters themselves are equipped to convert audio with Direct StreamDigital™ (DSD) encoding from Super Audio CDs in the native format, avoiding any degradation that could be caused by converting the signal to accommodate D/A converters that are not DSD capable. By avoiding this conversion step, the analog output much more closely matches the original signal on the disc.
- Additionally the DAC PCB is built on six-layer, high-speed Nelco® N4000-13 SI laminate for increased audio purity and sonic fidelity.
- To preserve the purity of audio output, the Nº 512 has two separate power supplies with independent, custom-designed, high-quality toroidal transformers. One power supply is dedicated to the digital circuitry and the other to the analog circuitry.
- The Nº 512 was designed for use in systems in which it can be connected to a preamplifier, or directly to the power amplifier(s) if it is the only system source.
Technical Specification (according to the manufacturer):
- Playback formats: CD and SACD
- Frequency Range: +0.0 dB / -0.2 dB PCM/CD; +0.0 dB / -0.5 dB DSD/SACD
- Signal to noise ratio: 108 dB
- Dynamic range: 108 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 92 dB PCM/CD, 99 dB DSD/SACD
- Output voltage (fixed): 4 V (XLR), 2 V (RCA)
- Maximum output voltage (variable): 16 V (XLR), 8 V (RCA)
- Output Impedance: 10 Ω
- Power consumption: 100 W
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 116 x 442 x 448 mm
One owner. Lightly used. Unit is in perfect condition both visually and functionally. Come with remote, manual and power cord.
Selling at a fraction of the cost and offer superb performance for their prices.
Unit is in original 230-240 voltage at 50/60 Hz European version.
Will ship worldwide. Specialist in shipping overseas. Ship by Fedex. Package will require a signature upon receive.
Buyer pays for shipping. Price exclude insurance. Insurance can be arranged upon request. Prefer wire transfer payment. Accept Paypal. Buyer is responsible for PayPal fees (add 5% to purchase price).
I am a verified Audiogon dealer with outstanding feedback. Buy with confidence.
More pictures are available on request for serious buyer.
Thanks for looking.
No questions have been asked about this item.
Ask the seller a public question
You must log in to ask a question.
Returns are not accepted on this item.