2018 model, 9 months old
Top of the Line Quality
Experience high quality Marantz AV Receiver range with the new SR7012. Surround yourself in thrilling 3D surround sound with the most complete immersive format including Dolby Atmos DTS:X and Auro 3D. All three codecs are able to drive overhead speakers for a true 3D sound experience. And thanks to the receiver's 9 high quality amplifier stages each providing 125W of pure Marantz power and finesse you can drive a full 5.1.4 home cinema setup without the need of additional external amplifiers. The SR7012 features high grade audio components that have been carefully selected. The whole internal circuit further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) in Current Feedback topology before passing them on to the power stage to fire up the connected speakers.
With built-in HEOS technology the SR7012 becomes a part of the HEOS wireless multi-room music network that enables you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere and everywhere around your home. You can explore browse and play music from your own music library from online streaming music services and from thousands of Internet Radio stations using the free HEOS app. And additional Bluetooth and AirPlay let you stream music directly from any compatible device.
Prepared for the future the SR7012 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI ports. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling High Dynamic Range (HDR) 21:9 video 3D BT.2020 pass-through and Dolby Vision pass-through support on every input. the SR7012 is ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players set-top boxes and other modern 4K Ultra HD sources. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through is supported for coming HDR broadcasting contents. eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) willl be supported via firmware update. In addition the SR7012 can upscale standard and high definition analogue and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources.
- 9.2 channel AV Receiver with 125W per channel (8ohms 20Hz~20kHz0.05%THD) > Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier) DTS:X and Auro-3D 11.2ch Pre-Out > Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- High performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels > Highest resolution for music and movie sound
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 LFC Sub EQ HT Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ >Delivering the ultimate equalization for your individual room
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth > Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- HEOS Wireless Music Streaming Technology with HEOS App > Comfortable control options and almost unlimited music sources
- 4K/60Hz full-rate pass-through 4:4:4 color resolution HDR BT.2020 Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through > Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (zone) > Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; different video in different rooms
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Retun Channel) support via firmware update > eARC supports the most advanced audo formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection betweeen AVRs and compatible TVs
- AirPlay Bluetooth TuneIn Internet radio music streaming services such as Pandora Spotify SiriusXM Amazon Prime Music TIDAL and more
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources via the HEOS app > Network Streaming: DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) FLAC ALAC and WAV support > High Resolution audio streaming for Hi-Fi enthusiasts
- Color-coded speaker terminals Setup Assistant Marantz 2016 AVR RemoteApp > Hassle-free installation setup and operation
- Advanced Multi-Room options; 11.2ch Pre-out; RS232 Control; CrestronConnected > Audio and video in multiple rooms; ready for 3rd Party Home Automation systems
- Fully discrete identical quality and power for all channels (9 channels 125 watts per channel)
- Marantz-own HDAMs in Current Feedback topology.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume for real-time volume adjustment
- Audyssey DynamicEQ improves surround effects during low volume levels
- High-grade audio components
- High-performance 192kHz/32-bit D/A converters for all channels
- Multi-Source/Multi-room (2nd and 3rd zone via speaker terminal or zone pre-out)
- Optimized Bass redirection for powerful bass performance in configurations without subwoofer
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Horizontal color-coded layout of speaker terminals for easy connection
- Label sheet for marking Speaker Wires & HDMI Cables
- Comes with simple easy-to-use remote control handset
- Setup Assistant providing easy-to-follow setup instructions and Advanced Graphical User Interface
- Marantz AVR Remote for iOS Android and Kindle
- 4 Smart Select buttons - can be used to store favorite sources Internet Radio stations and preferred settings
- Standby HDMI pass-through
- Auto Standby and low power consumption at stand-by 0.2W
- Smart TV Connectivity
Dolby Atmos DTS:X and Auro-3D
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound technologies dispense with channel-based coding in favor of object-based coding giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. The SR7012 features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 4 additional overhead speakers (or 4 additional Dolby Atmos elevation speakers) for the ultimate home cinema experience. Thanks to the 11ch processing capability you can just add an external 2-channel amplifier and even enjoy a thrilling 7.1.4 channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X experience. Dolby Surround Upmixer and DTS Neural:X Upmixer are also in place to simulate 3D sound from standard formats.
By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound Auro-3D puts you right in the middle of the action. Auro-3D provides an immersive surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels in addition to the regular channels. The height information captured in recording or created during the mixing process is mixed into a standard 5.1 PCM stream that comes with a regular Blu-ray. Moreover the Auro-3D engine recognizes mono stereo 5.1 surround or an Auro-encoded signal and transforms them into 3D audio. The Auro-Codec decoder the SR7012 is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro-3D 10.1 channel configuration (with external amplifier).
Built-In Bluetooth Wi-Fi and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity the SR7012 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility you can enjoy listening to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Introducing HEOS Your Perfect Solution for Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming
With built-in HEOS technology the SR7012 will become a key component of the HEOS wireless multi-room system. You can enjoy your favorite music anywhere and everywhere around your home with the free HEOS app. Command music in every room from any device with the free HEOS app. Play the same song in every room or a different song in every room.
The HEOS app will open the gate to multiple steaming services to play on your SR7012 or any other connected HEOS devices for endless fun! Those services include Pandora Spotify TuneIn Internet Radio Amazon Music Unlimited iHeart Radio Sirius XM Sound Cloud Tidal Napster or Deezer (*). You can also stream music contents using the HEOS app from your phone USB stick or local drives such as NAS connected to the same network. favorites and playlist functions are supported.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
Designed from the ground up the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote is a brand new app for iOS Android Phone and Tablet devices that will give you an unprecedented level of command and control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers. Along with many new features the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled. Control the basic functions of your Marantz product with power volume input and settings. Inside the app you can switch instantly to the HEOS App to access an incredible level of control over your music contents and streaming services blast full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
The SR7012 lets you discover the incredible fidelity of high resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources and you can also listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Smart TV Connectivity
Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some Smart TVs it's possible to control the SR7012 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver's "HDMI control" set to ON set "Smart Menu" receiver control functions and the TV's Smart Menu home screen will provide you direct access to source and surround mode selections the main setup menu and Smart Select configuration presets.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible; ISF-Certified
Prepared for the future the SR7012 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video 3D and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input the SR7012 is ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility is newly supported too. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) new HDR format for broadcasting pass-through capability will be also supported via firmware update in the future.
Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation the SR7012 features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician) along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes.
The video processor also has the ability to transcode and upconvert standard definition and high definition analogue and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. The SR7012 features 8 HDMI inputs including 1 conveniently located on the front panel and 3 HDMI outputs - 2 for the main zone and 1 for the 2nd zone.
eARC Object-Based Audio Support
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports object-based audio from your TV to the AVR. With the SR7012 you can enjoy Dolby Atmos or DTS:X from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via future firmware update.
Powerful 9 Channel Discrete Amplifier with ECO Mode
The SR7012 features a sophisticated power amplifier section with all 9 channels configured identically employing discrete high current capable power transistors. Each channel is rated at 125W (8 ohm 20Hz-20kHz THD:0.05%) and all channels are able to safely drive lower impedance speakers (down to 4 ohms).
Marantz's intelligent ECO mode adjusts power consumption according to signal level and there's an on-screen Eco Mode display that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
Most Advanced Audyssey Room Correction Suite
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms the SR7012 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials) letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialogue music and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance including deep bass but without disturbing close-by neighbours or family members in other rooms and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup for deeper bass with improved definition compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs